Help, please: request for Surinam engravers

Hora

Elite Cafe Member
For the coming year a entered a overseas assignment in Surinam, located on the northern shores of South America for “the other jobâ€￾.
It would be fun if I could meet up with somebody in this country that is infected with the engraving virus. Until now I could not find anybody with the same disease. Even Sam ran out of options. :shock:

So, if anybody knows somebody somewhere here in Surinam please let me know.

Greetings from Paramaribo

Willem Parel

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Wow Hora, that's quite a surprise to me you are in Surinam, enjoy you stay there and pleas post once in a while how live is overthere.
With what are you occupied in Surinam?

Roger Bleile

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Hora,

I guess you won't be at FEGA this year.:(

I looked at Surinam on a satellite map and it looks like the whole country is a jungle.

Cheers,

Roger

Hora

Elite Cafe Member
Surinam

Willem, Roger,

I am in Surinam to assist with the construction of a new oil refinery. I will stay until it’s done and that is planned for October next year. It’s therefore that I look for a brother of the trade.

If you are interested here is a link from Google that brings you straight to the spot where I am at the moment.
https://maps.google.com/maps?hl=nl&ll=5.762855,-55.14699&spn=0.005668,0.010525&t=h&z=17

Yes, there is a lot of jungle out there. There is a approx. a 50 km wide strip along the coast the is inhabited. The rest is actually not accessible. The temperature is nice and much better than in Holland wright now. The rain however is straight from the Amazons and is fearsomely heavy from time to time.

If all goes well I will be at Fega is Vegas on the 15th. So fingers crossed. It is quite a journey to get from Paramaribo to Vegas. But I intend to be there as I will extend my stay when the convention is done with a few weeks holidays together with my wife Melanka and with some friends from The Netherlands.

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
i'm going to guess-- you may be the only one there with such experience. good luck on your new job. a 16 gauge shotgun is minimal for the mosquitos down there !