Announcement: Retiring.

John B.

Lifetime Pledge Member
::::Pledge Member::::
Many of us have enjoyed dealing with Linda at GRS Company for our purchaces and her help at the various shows.
She has helped many people starting out in the engraving field and others looking to improve their skill and add helpful tools.
I understand Linda is retiring this month and I know we will miss her and wish her a well deserved retirement. :tiphat:
Thought you might want to email, phone or send her a card care of GRS.

MICHAEL

Elite Cafe Member
I am very sorry to hear this. Linda has helped me immensely and been a great resource of knowledge and assistance. When I've gotten stuck, she has been only a phone call away. I am sure she will be missed by many, myself included. Hopefully she'll post on the Forum and continue to be a resource for us all.

Peter E

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I think Linda has already retired? I said hello to her at Blade and mentioned it...it brought a BIG smile to her face!

When I saw the post "Retiring" and you making it, I thought you were referring to yourself Mr. B, or are you ALREADY retired:big grin:

JJ Roberts

:::Pledge Member:::
::::Pledge Member::::
John, Linda called me last week and I wished her well.July 2nd is her last day.Linda has been a big help to me over the years.She told me her & Charlie are planning to do some traveling.Hope GRS fine's a good replacement,not going to be easy. Good Luck Linda. J.J.Roberts

Andrew Biggs

Hi Lynda

That rolled around quickly................Happy retirement!!! You'll be busier now than you have ever been :)

Lynda and Charlie are the nicest and most hospitable people you could ever meet. Last year after the Grand Masters Lynda took Rod Cameron and myself out for a wonderful Tiki-tour of the surrounding Kansas countryside. It was a real highlight of all my trips to the USA. Beautiful country with great company, what more could you want.

I'll look forward to seeing you both at this years GM.

Cheers
Andrew

Brian Hochstrat

Elite Cafe Member
I think Linda has had a larger impact on the engraving community than she realizes. When I first started engraving I was going to learn on my own, she kept calling and pestering me to take a class, finally I caved. That was the start of my downward spiral leading into becoming an engraver. I'll never forgive her.:)

I am sure there are many stories out there similar. Brian

Last edited:

mitch

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
now that you mention it, she did mention that recently... dang, i'm gonna miss hassling her!

jlseymour

Elite Cafe Member
Thanks Linda for all your help and support...
Enjoy retirement, Joan and I are looking forward to the end of the year...
Jerry Joan
PS' wish ya'll came to the engrave-in...

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Lynda has been an absolute pleasure to work with for the past several years. Her customers love her and her passion for engraving is obvious. I can't tell you how many times she's brought in engraved items to show my classes...things she's picked up in her dealings in the antiques market. We've traveled together doing shows in France and she has boundless enthusiasm and energy.

The good news (for me and GRS students) is that after she's officially retired, we'll still be seeing her and Charlie after classes in Emporia!

~Sam

KCSteve

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Took me almost three years but this year at BLADE I finally remembered to tell her how we're sort of almost related:

My stepmother's sister is named Linda, has a husband named Charles and their last name is Schreck.

That's 'Linda' vs. 'Lynda', of course, plus the small fact that they live up in the South Dakota / Iowa area, but it kind of sounds like we're related.

Kind of too bad it's the wrong Schrecks - I probably would have started engraving long enough ago to be good at it now.

Lynda Schreck

You are all too kind. Thank you so much. I have never had a more fun than I have had at this job (if you can even call this a job). The people I have met and come to know throughout the world have been a great joy. When I started with GRS I didn't realize what rock stars I would get to meet and you have all been so kind to me I can never repay you. If anyone is ever in Emporia, Ks please come see me. We will go roaming in the Flint Hills.

Lynda

Christopher Malouf

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
5mi from the nearest Dunkin Donuts in Tennessee
Hi Lynda,

Sales consultants who can capture the hearts of their customers through patience, honesty and integrity are indeed a rare breed.

It's been a long and bumpy road on this engraving thing and I remember vividly when it all began...along with my first course with Lee. Thank-you for putting up with me and most of all, always having the right answers to help me make wise purchasing decisions.

All the best,

Chris

Attachments

• lynda+lee.jpg
    lynda+lee.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 60
Last edited:

Roger Bleile

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Lynda,

Best wishes in retirement. I hope retirement will give you more time to visit this forum and provide some input from your unique prospective.

Cheers,

Roger

Dennis Sprague

Elite Cafe Member
Congratulations Lynda,
We will miss you greatly,you have been a tremendous help to me ,and I wish to say thanks.Hope that you and Charlie have many happy years of fun doing what ever you have chose to do.
Dennis

Latest posts

Sponsors