Robert E. Maki, hammer & chisel engraver

Zobo

I'm looking for Robert E Maki engraving tapes & tools if possible. He engraved and taught hammer & chisel engraving in Northbrook Illinois in the 80' to early 90's. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thank You.

Big-Un

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I have all his tapes and I think I transferred them to CD years ago. I'll look and see what I have and respond here whenever get the chance. I want to keep the originals though for sentimental reasons.

PaulE

I have the original VHS tapes from the Robert E. Maki School of Firearms Engraving " Secrets of the Graveur" I also have the tool holders he made but I don't think the graveur is in them. He sent with the first lesson a set of one long-heel facet (square) and a long-heeled spitzer (onglettte). I also have the half bowling ball on a rubber tire that was part of the training. Even though it has been years since I have looked at the tapes, I don't think I want to part with them. I learned alot from Robert Maki, a true gentleman.
PaulE

Markofx

Hi everyone, I had the pleasure of having Bob come to my home back in 1993 for a week of instruction. He said he was done engraving and wanted to sell everything he had left. I purchased all his tools and graver blanks including his tapes and books. What a Great guy he was, and I was saddened to hear he passed in 2016. If anyone is interested in some graver blanks by a Swedish company SECO 1/8 x 2 1/2" sq. and 1/8 x 2 1/2" round FAGERSTA WKE-45 I could part with some.
Thanks, Mark

Mike Fennell

Elite Cafe Member
I have Bob Maki's vhs set some of his tools, including the bowling ball vise. They are in all in storage somewhere due to remodeling in progress, except for the vise, which is part of my traveling display.

I believe Fred Bowen also had some of Bob's tools at one time, and may still have them.

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
if anyone can, please send a foto of his bowling ball vise. quite curious as to what it looked like. tyvm

Reactions: Sam

dave gibson

Elite Cafe Member
if anyone can, please send a foto of his bowling ball vise. quite curious as to what it looked like. tyvm
There's at least on really good pic of one on this site,,, I know lots of people have seen it and once you do see it it becomes self-explanetory,,, oh,, now I see it's you and I'm surprised you didn't build the one I'm talking about.

Big-Un

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I made mine from a basic black bowling ball and a machinists vise sitting on a small lawnmower tire back in the mid eighties. Wish I still had it just for memories.

Big-Un

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Would any of you who have tapes or cd's of his tapes be interested is selling them? Thanks Randy J.

I think I sent you a PM about the DVD's I have from Robert Maki, I have an extra set and am willing to send them to you, just need an address.

Zobo

I think I sent you a PM about the DVD's I have from Robert Maki, I have an extra set and am willing to send them to you, just need an address.

This is Bob T. And I got your message regarding an extra set of Robert E. MAKI DVD'S. I would still like to buy the set if it's available.
Bob Tuleja, 613 Springhill Drive, Roselle, Illinois, 60172.
224-283-4336 cell #.
Thank You.

Big-Un

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
This is Bob T. And I got your message regarding an extra set of Robert E. MAKI DVD'S. I would still like to buy the set if it's available.
Bob Tuleja, 613 Springhill Drive, Roselle, Illinois, 60172.
224-283-4336 cell #.
Thank You.

I'm currently away from home for two weeks, but when I return I'll ship them to you.

Latest posts

Sponsors