Rod's Photos of FEGA Reno 2012

rod

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Hello, Colleagues,

It is 1.30 am in the morning and I have just been swapping some songs with Tim and Fred, and a few others, in a small after hours session such as we often do at the Reno show.

As is my habit, and with the permission of exhibitors at the show, I am endeavoring to put up a slide show of this year's exhibits. I do not expect the photos to be up for a few hours, hopefully, maybe longer, as the internet connection is super slow, but it will gradually grind away, so better to take a look after tomorrow morning to see if anything has appeared. My aim is to give a taste of the show for those who are unable to attend but are curious to have a glimpse.

As always, I try not to put up a poor photo of a great engraving, and will probably weed many photos out by the end of the weekend, so the first glimpse will have quite a few repeat shots, and later these will be cut back to just one, hopefully the best of a bunch. Remember I am working under difficult overhead lights and so the results are not studio quality, all hand held, and the engravers' own studio professional shots will always be superior, but this will give an overview. For those interested, I am using a Canon G12 camera, and no flash.

It was great to see Liz and Ron Smith in attendance. Ron has a very nice piece of work with him.

Reno is in a rainstorm and it is snowing at the Donner Pass. I got over the pass this morning with just rain, so was lucky. There has also been 80 mph winds near Reno with winter forest fires and 10,000 people had to evacuate. I hope I have that information correct, as I have not had time to listen to any news.

Try my picasa site a few times, as I hope to update it daily.

http://picasaweb.google.com/rodcameron2/

Stay tuned...

Rod

Last edited:

Hora

Elite Cafe Member
Rod,

Thanks so much for this glimpse of the show. Beautiful art and skill over there again. Would love to have it examined up close, but the pictures are great and showing a lot of detail. :tiphat:
Do not forget to upload some pictures of people and the banquet, please . . .
I miss you all and miss all of the fun. Hopefully I attend next year!
Have fun and love to you all.:)

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Rod's photos are the next best thing to being there. Thanks for sharing them with us, Rod. Sorry Abigail and I missed it this year. Would have loved to have been there!

JJ Roberts

:::Pledge Member:::
::::Pledge Member::::
Rod, Thanks for sharing the beauitful FEGA pictures,I also looked over your neat work shop and the view of the ocean.J.J.

Latest posts

Sponsors