S.O.S Graver Max Problem! Urgent Please!

tejasjake

Hope someone out there can help me.I am in a bind.I have a Graver Max and suddenly the air is not being regulated at the rotary valve.It is running straight thru the valve into the hose to the handpiece,no throttle,handpiece keeps running.
Has anyone else had this problem and how did you fix it?
To be more clear, the air supply is going straight thru the rotary valve into the handpiece,flows constant.
Thanks for your help.
Tejasjake

fegarex

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Is the handpiece actually running? You might check to make sure the selector knob is turned FULLY from the (1) or (2). If it is between it will do this. Beyond that, I would check with GRS. They can usually talk you through things like this.

Christopher Malouf

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
5mi from the nearest Dunkin Donuts in Tennessee
Aside from the simple and obvious stuff which I am notorious for not noticing ... nine times out of ten, any problem with these units are with the regulator.

However ... without any specific information ... I would guess that another possible problem is that the band which drives the rotor is shot. You'll need to take the cover off to verify what's actually happening. Remove the four screws from the back and slide the cover forward.

If the band is fine and everything appears to operate properly when you increase or decrease the strokes per minute ... then odds are, the regulator is junk.

There's also the possibility that the "V" notched teflon piece in the foot pedal has come loose and is stuck in the wide open position. Turn the foot pedal upside down and make sure that the peice rotates when you depress the pedal. There's a set screw which is visible through the hole in the bottom of the foot pedal ... if it's tight then you're alright.

GRStools.com has a maintenance manual which you can download. (can't recall the exact link but I know it's up there)

Before touching anything inside, call GRS (ask for JB ... he's a genius by the way). He will probably ask you to take the cover off as well as he walks you through some simple troubleshooting questions.

I'm no tech guru with this equipment, I've just had it apart a bunch of times before I figured out that I had a handpiece piston go bad on me.

Good luck buddy,

Chris

Last edited:

tejasjake

Thanks for everyones help.I did contact JB at GRS and the problem was my foot throttle wore out.New one is on its way.
Thanks again.Tejasjake

Latest posts

Sponsors