Sam - RE your post from Rod Cameron - What a guy.

coincutter

Elite Cafe Member
Every once in a while you bump into someone in the universe who is a joy to be around.
Rod Cameron is one of those individuals. He came to visit recently and stayed for a few days.

To say he is a facinating individual would be an understatement. I never have had so much fun. I could spend the rest of my life listening to the tales he tells of his travels and looking at the thousands of photographs he has taken in his travels. He has a way about him. The consumate refined gentleman. So talented, educated and informed. If there is a bit of history he can't expound upon I would be greatly surprized. I found myself wanting to go hide in the closet as I knew I was in the presence of one who was probably bored to death with anything i had to say or offer. But if he was he didn't let on. Thank God my wife is the one in the family with a brain. She made up for my ignorance and was able to keep up with him much better than I.

He left disks of his music. He is a marvelous flute player and to listen to him sing the old ballads of his homeland in Galic is pure magic to behold.

This week is the Scottish festival here in Highlands Ranch and it will have a very special new meaning to me thanks to Rod.

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Rod is one of the most remarkable people I've ever met. I'm glad you had the opportunity to spend some time with him. He spent a week with us in '05 and we enjoyed his company tremendously. He's a brilliant and interesting fellow, and knowing him has made our lives richer.

Andrew Biggs

I nearly missed this post.

Rod Cameron is indeed a very nice man and thoroughly good company.
Mary and I had the pleasure of his company just after I got back from Reno and we had some really stimulating conversations. Rod and his friend came round for tea and the next day for some shop time. The only shame of it all was the visit was far to short!!!!

Rod, if your reading this we are looking forward to seeing you again next year.

Cheers
Andrew

pilkguns

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I agree, the few times I have enjoyed a converstation with Rod either in person or e-mail have been far too short. Maybe he will grace us with his presence and his playing at the Engrave-In next year.

Latest posts

Sponsors