Sam you never mentioned this project - Beautiful Piece of Work

coincutter

Elite Cafe Member

Collaborators: Jose de Braga / Sam Alfano
D.O.C.: Nov 2003
Writing System: Fountain Pen Filling is accomplished with a piston converter to draw ink from a bottle or the use of ink cartridges. The Tighe nib is hand made in Germany with 18K yellow Gold and hand engraved by master engraver Sam Alfano. Nib width is Medium.
Presentation: The pen is presented in a Lamb leather box, hand made in Switzerland, with certificate of Authenticity, and a lifetime warranty.
Materials: The body is solid Titanium with sculpted Stainless Steel overlays. The clip and nib are both in solid 18K yellow Gold.
Comments: This one-of-a-kind pen is a remarkable achievement in combining some of the worlds most distinguished talents together on one piece. The carving and engraving was all done under low power microscope with over 110 man hours into its creation.
How many more goodies are you hiding across the net?
Stunning.​

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
That is a beauty, but I the only thing I did was the nib (several years ago). I'd love to take credit for the other work...it's excellent!! / ~Sam

Andy

Elite Cafe Member
That is the nicest pen I have ever seen. Did Jose do the engraving/sculpting of the whole body? He is an incredible artist. Makes me want to throw away my tools and give up. :D

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
I imagine he did. I've never seen it before, and it's a killer piece of work!
Ray's done some nice pens and so has Tiz Pozzobon. I've never engraved one myself.

Gargoyle

Official Cafe Stone Carver
Call me simple but I like the near naked lady the best...
She's got nice uhhh features.
It's politically incorrect to judge a woman on such a shallow basis. You need to consider whether she is intelligent, kind, considerate, articulate, and has a great pair of personalities.

:)