Sam's art hits Pennsylvania shelves

Mike Cirelli

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I walk into the State Store, that's almost the only place we can buy liquor in PA. Any way I look on the shelf and see Sam's engraving. Well Sam It hit PA. I really like the box, the scroll wasn't on the bag though. It may be on the big 1/2gal that's about $65. Sorry Sam but I have to say I think I'll get more pleasure from what's in the bottle;)
Sam can elaborate on it. I hope it's ok for me to post it if not just let me know.
Mike

Attachments

• crown royal 1.jpg
    crown royal 1.jpg
    114.1 KB · Views: 198
  • crown royal 2.jpg
    crown royal 2.jpg
    115 KB · Views: 164

pilkguns

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
thats cool, glad to see it finally out. I will have to go buy a bottle now even though I think CR tastes like toilet water.

Gives a whole new meaning to engraving research. Honey, I'm off to the liquor store to study scrolls.

Reminds of an engraving class I had one time. Seems the whole class was doing Margaritas during lunch. Nearly everyones scroll drawing markedly improved that afternoon. I attribute it to the fact that every was not "trying" as hard and just did it naturally. Same situation applies to me speaking German , I am told I am better when I have had about 5 weissbieirs.

Last edited:

Mike Cirelli

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Scott your going to get Zimmerman going now. He thinks Canadian whiskey can save the world.

Just kiding Jim.
Mike

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Thanks for posting the pics, Mike. We've been looking for a long time for the box with my scrolls on it. It was supposed to be for sale in duty free shops in airports, then in Canada, but this is the first we've seen. Thanks! / ~Sam

Mike Cirelli

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Sam are you sure they don't have it in Louisiana cause you signing your name San now, and so early in the morn:) Your welcome it's my pleasure to post it.
Mike

Sam

Staff member
Oops...sorry about the typo (i fixed it)! I wish I could blame it on early morning booze, but sloppy fangers is the culprit.

Abigail

Administrator
Mike,
I noticed that, too! "San".
Our little town is 'dry'. You can't buy any kind of liquor in our restaurants, and if you want to buy it from the grocery store, you have to do so before 10pm. Also, no liquor of any kind can be sold on Sunday. So...if you want to to drink on Sunday, you have to buy it by Saturday night before 10pm...or drive to the next town (about 15 miles away). Also, I think we are one of the only states that have "drive-thru" daiquiri shops. They can sell it to you in your car, but they aren't allowed to put the straw into the cup.

I was once at a convenience store in our little town on a Sunday waiting in line behind a man who was obviously from out of town. He was holding a bag of chips and a beer. The clerk told him he wasn't allowed to buy beer on Sunday. He turned around and looked at me to see if I was shocked, too. I said "nope, ya go to hell if you buy beer on Sunday, but it's okay on Monday." He didn't buy the chips either.:)

Sam

Staff member
I just found this photo of the box on the web. The bag is supposed to be embossed with the same scrollwork, but Mike said his wasn't. Abigail and I are going out later today to see if we can find it around here.

Tim Wells

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Scott lives up there where they distill their own whiskey. No wonder it tastes like toilet water when you're used to Mountain Dew:cool:

I Think I'll get a gallon from my cousin next time I'm up to home... for medicinal purposes don't you know.;)

Mike Cirelli

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
It's kind of the same mentality here on Sunday but it starting to loosen up. Beaver is also a dry town. But Ellwood where I live there are 3 bars per church, and there's about 10 churches.
They used the scroll on the little tab looking thing on top of the box. When you find it Sam, I think at the end of the day we all could have the first virtual internet toast:)
sock tu ya layter San

Mike

Jude

Looks like a trip to the State Liquor Store after work. Definitely a collector's item. I hope the bag is embossed, that would be too cool. And after the customer I just had in here, the seal on the bottle may not last too long.
Jude

Big-Un

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
There is a small indiscrete distillary right down the street from the house that makes some really good "spring water", so maybe I'll have to engrave or stipple the mason jar to give it some class!

I tried to fix the spelling, but I can't remember how.

Last edited:

Tim Wells

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I stopped by the class 6 just to have a look see and lo and behold there sat Sam. I mean Sam's box for a mere $44.00 but I don't drink the stuff so it's still sitting there. I did open it and verified the bag was without scroll.

pilkguns

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Well Tim, you couldawentahead n boughtthatembottle, just so's you could pay proper homage to the mountain gods nexttime you come a visitin'. I'ma thinkin they might like some of that foreign stuff, stead of allthishere local brew. Leastwise I guarantee the box won't get thrown away.

KSnyder

Elite Cafe Member
Hey Sam, you gotta get that scrollwork where it belongs, on a brandy bottle! Kidding aside the scrollwork is great as usual.
Kent

Sam

Staff member
I pay little attention to Scott's critique of whiskey. I remember it like it was yesterday (but was over 20 years ago) that I invited Scott to my room at the Vegas show to have an after-show cocktail, and he immediately chastised me for having a bottle of Jack Daniels. "I'm from Tennessee and WE don't even drink THAT stuff!" he said. Then he proceeded swill down half the bottle. Maybe he was just thirsty that night! I've never let him live that down, and don't plan to start now. ;)

pilkguns

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Sam, I was thinking of that last week. We had some friends from Germany here and took them over to Lynchburg to tour the distillery. Found out that they can now sell liquour in commerative bottles only at the site. Other than that Moore County is a dry county. Wonder if your bottle would count as a commerative? It will in my book as I will be picking one as soon as I can find one. Do you get a royalty on bottles sold?

But as to your story, gosh it was 20 years ago wasn;t it, (sheesh) I seem to recall someone else drinking the other half of the bottle, and at least I made it to the FEGA business meeting the next morning. But no, I really don't like Jack Daniels. I was drinking Wild Turkey back then, then got into single malt scotches for awhile, and now it seems good ole water does me fine about 90% of the time. But let loose in Bavaria somewhere, and a tall glass of hefeweizen is a little bit of heaven to my taste buds.

jimzim75

Elite Cafe Member
Hi Mke,
You mean the nectar of the Gods. Of course it's the answere to all
problems. You know that little problem George is having in Baghdad.
I sure the water is so bad in Baghdad that if you, say wanted to spike it
with Crown Royal. No body would notice and then they would all
chill out for two or three years. This would also be a lot cheaper than
sending over another 20,000 guys. They could just put it in automatically
like they do fluoride. Then everybody in Baghdad would sound Canadian,
and watch hockey on the TV.:D

Last edited:

Mike Cirelli

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Jim I agree, if they would drink Canadian & Kentucky Wees-kee over there instead of doing so much opium. They probably wouldn't even have a problem over there.
Mike

Latest posts

Sponsors