Screw head timing

Brant

Elite Cafe Member
I'm making a new set of grips for this old Ruby. I will be cutting a new set of screws for the grips and I do intend to "Time" the screw heads.

Any suggestions on the "proper" orientation for the screw slots? Should they be vertical, horizontal, or in line with the grips? Images follow.

Attachments

• horiz.jpg
    horiz.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 80
  • vert and in-line.jpg
    vert and in-line.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 82

mitch

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
i vote for inline with the grips since the fore & aft edges appear to be parallel. if they weren't you might need to consider other options, but as it is that would look best.

papart1

:::Pledge Member:::
::::Pledge Member::::
I like inline also...........................are you going to engrave them too?

SamW

Castle Valley, UT in the Red Rock country
Per your drawing...inline...as long as the slots are in line with each other they will look right. Brian's photo looks like inline to me per your drawings...they look just right.

rmgreen

Elite Cafe Member
I did these vertical
I would call this timing as "in-line" or parallel to the grip angle. Vertical would be perpendicular to the bore from my perspective. Whatever you call it it looks "right". The grip inlays and work are simply outstanding.

Brant

Elite Cafe Member
Thank you all. I really appreciate the feed back.

Sometimes the obvious is not all that obvious, hence the value of your collective feed back. This group is like having a live encyclopedia.

papart1

also I've noticed sometimes a wheelborrow full of stuff......................not me tho!!!! not much