Scrimshaw moose and horse pendants

KatherinePlumer

Elite Cafe Member
Hello everyone! I hope everyone who celebrates Christmas had a merry one! :)

These are two pendants I did that had a Christmas deadline. The horse is a Gypsy Horse (Gypsy Cob, Gypsy Vanner) colt that belongs to a good friend of mine. Her husband commissioned the pendant for her. I made the moose for my mom, she likes mooses. Both are 18x25mm pre-ban elephant ivory cabochons, mounted in sterling silver.

Here's to a Happy 2008 for all of us!

-Katherine

KatherinePlumer

Elite Cafe Member
Thanks!

Brian, I had not even considered going to visit the show in Reno (duh!) That's not a bad idea. ;) If the weather is good enough to drive there then perhaps I will. Hmmm.

-Katherine

BrianPowley

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Katherine---Nice work. Thanks for sharing.
Excellent job on the photography,too.

I'm beginning to enjoy and appreciate Scrimshaw more and more....and Sandra Brady just lives a few hours up the road from here.....Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

maryw

TAYLORS, SC (BETWEEN GREENVILLE & SPARTANBURG
BEAUTIFUL WORK!! Katherine, you continue to be such an inspiration to me! Love what you do! I'm hoping to try scrimshaw once I get beyond some health issues. I know I would love it. Thank you so much for sharing with all of us!

Blessings for a wonderful New Year!
Mary W

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
i've seen lots of scrim. yours has a quality that most do not posess. maybe the word is delicate, i'm not sure, but for sure your work is great to look at !

KatherinePlumer

Elite Cafe Member
Thank you so much everyone! I've got a big smile on my face. :)

Brian P- I'll let you in on my photography secret... these are all scanned! Of course it wouldn't work for a larger item with a lot of depth (like a knife) but for these little items I just place on them on the flatbed scanner with some sort of interesting mat board/leather scrap/fabric/ball of yarn/etc behind them and scan them. I tried taking some photos but as tiny as these things are my camera really could not do justice to the detail.

-Katherine

Latest posts

Sponsors