Critique Request Scroll design for watch dial

Csaba H.

Hi everyone,

I'm a brand new member of Engraver's cafe. :)

First of all thank you for accepting me in here!

This is my very first scrollwork design for a unique watch dial.
I have find that that the shading part of a design process is the most difficult part for me.
I know that to be good in this kind of design a lot of practices needed . I hope I'll have enough time for it!

Dear members,
could you kindly give me some instructions or advices for the future!
Any critiques are welcomed!

Thank you,
Csaba from Hungary dial_h_cs01.JPG

Csaba H.

Hello Jason,

I'm glad that you like my design, but I'm also here in this forum to learn from experienced masters and people whom not holding back their knowledge and also familiar with the little tricks. I watched many videos on youtube about the theme and study the designs i find on the internet. I still need to learn about drawing scrolls design properly, especially the shading what i mentioned in my post and the proportions, grow directions, etc.... I think if you learn the basics from the materials you can find on the web just need to practice and make it better and better with lot of patience. In my opinion hand engraving is one of the work (art) where nobody can shorten the time to success. :)

JasonSmith

Yes, I have watched some videos and web techniques, and I have started practicing these two days. I have just stayed up late and finished a skeleton. Now I am ready to go to bed.I will keep practicing. Let's go. Thank you for your reply.

Si si

Thank you for the response. I’m glad to see you on this forum. Have you ever been outside of China?

JasonSmith

I think there will be opportunities in the future. I will work hard and need enough financial support before I can go out. I hope I can meet you sometime。I have read the rules of the forum, it is best not to start a new topic under the article, I am afraid that our conversation will affect others, we can chat privately

Csaba H.

Hello Jim,
Thank you for the post.
Yes I’m using Autodesk Sketchbook along with a wacom tablet. This software have very usefull features such as symmetry, line smoothing as you drawing, layer editing, etc...
Now i have to find a good transfering solution, and after start to engrave.
I hope i’ll have time in the near future!