Critique Request Scroll Pendant

eastslope

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
So, this is my beginning attempt at English scroll. Sort of an illegitimate child of two illegitimate parents descending from English and bright cut origins. This practice silver pendant is the unfortunate result of the short acquaintance.

I hope to make a few of these same crosses in the English Scroll style, and sure could use a hand. Yep, I am not sure what I am doing, and wish that DVD would come out, but for now must make due.

Thanks for any pointers, design advice, and overall help in general. I will try and post the results. Thanks again, Seth Becker:)

Attachments

• pendant 1.jpg
    pendant 1.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 141
  • pendant 2.jpg
    pendant 2.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 136
  • pendant 3.jpg
    pendant 3.jpg
    16.3 KB · Views: 104
  • pendant 4.jpg
    pendant 4.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 113

fegarex

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Hi Seth,
They look good to me despite the heritage!
:)
The only thing I would do is to make the "end" of each scroll more of a "ball".
You did this well on the very middle scroll.
Beyond that, I will let our western experts help you more.
Keep cutting!
Rex

gail.m

Elite Cafe Member
Seth,
I think the engraving on the cross looks pretty cool and not quite like the redheaded stepchild you portray it to be:thumbs up:
Far from being anything near an accomplished engraver, my perception of the two styles is that they have a lot of similarities. If I may, both bright cut and English are designed to cover a whole area, and the bright cuts are to reflect light, and the English cuts are deeper and meant to hold light....some enlightenment will be welcome, and sure to follow:big grin:
I know you will get some very good advice from forum members better educated in the subject, but I did want to say that I thought your results were pleasing to my eyes. It will be fun to watch your progression.
gail.m

eastslope

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Thanks for the kind words. I'm trying to learn just the English, but much to my dismay, my western heritage leaks out at every turn. I'm hoping one of these engravers can get me lined out.:)

ddushane

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Seth, I really like it. I'm wanting to try some English scroll before long. Hope it turns out as good as yours did.

Dwayne