Selling your work

V150super

Hey folks, I'm trying to grow my engraving business and I'm having a hard time finding a place online to sell. I have a store on Etsy, but it doesn't seem to be getting any traction. Ebay seems like a junk store nowadays, and social media like FB and IG seem more about briefly showcasing a finished product than being any kind of a store front. If you wouldn't mind sharing what's working for you, I'd appreciate it. Here's a few pieces I've done recently.

Attachments

• unnamed (2).jpg
    unnamed (2).jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 19
  • unnamed (3).jpg
    unnamed (3).jpg
    160.2 KB · Views: 21
  • unnamed (4).jpg
    unnamed (4).jpg
    142.2 KB · Views: 19
  • unnamed.jpg
    unnamed.jpg
    131.9 KB · Views: 20

Travis Fry

That's some nice looking work! The custom knife folks are always looking for someone to embellish their work, though they do tend to be fairly price sensitive (it's a tight enough market that getting your money back out of a knife is hard enough without doubling your cost by paying for engraving--the number of folks who can shell out that kind of money for a fancy knife is pretty small). Full sized (not pocket knife sized) bolstered knives, for example, are priced by bolster, with the assumption that each is about 1" square, and prices range from about $175-300 per bolster, per side, depending on who you are, whether you inlay gold or not, background treatment, etc. They're also pretty sensitive about deadlines--miss them and they'll find someone else that won't.

While I'm currently engraving my own knives, I know lots of other makers who might be interested in what you're doing. DM me and let me know general pricing and contact info. Heck, I could even hand out your cards at the show I'm at next weekend if you can get them to me in time.

V150super

That's some nice looking work! The custom knife folks are always looking for someone to embellish their work, though they do tend to be fairly price sensitive (it's a tight enough market that getting your money back out of a knife is hard enough without doubling your cost by paying for engraving--the number of folks who can shell out that kind of money for a fancy knife is pretty small). Full sized (not pocket knife sized) bolstered knives, for example, are priced by bolster, with the assumption that each is about 1" square, and prices range from about $175-300 per bolster, per side, depending on who you are, whether you inlay gold or not, background treatment, etc. They're also pretty sensitive about deadlines--miss them and they'll find someone else that won't.

While I'm currently engraving my own knives, I know lots of other makers who might be interested in what you're doing. DM me and let me know general pricing and contact info. Heck, I could even hand out your cards at the show I'm at next weekend if you can get them to me in time.
Thanks Travis. Message sent.

Latest posts

Sponsors