Shoot for the Troops

Barry Lee Hands

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I will be demonstrating engraving at Moore and Moore sporting clays in LA this Saturday august 25, at 10 am and at 1 pm for one hour. I will be using a Lindsay palm control and an Artisan.

To get there take the 215 west to Osbourne exit, take a short right on Foothill, and a left on Osbourne, follow it up in the hills till you see the signs.

There is a $25.00 entrance fee that goes to wounded warrior for non shooters.

It is a great event to raise money for the Wounded Warrior Project.
Come by and say hi if you have a chance.
Thanks, Barry

Last edited:

John B.

Lifetime Pledge Member
::::Pledge Member::::
It's 4.45 PM here in California and I just got back from a great day with Barry Lee Hands at the Shoot for the Troops event in Sylmar, Ca.
Barry was busy all day demonstrating engraving to a big crowd of interested people.
With the good number of folks attending they should have raised some heavy coin for our recovering troops.
Quite a few of them there helping to run things.
I'm sure Barry will post a few pics in the next few days.
Best to all, John B.

Mike Cirelli

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
An excellent charitable benefit. Barry why aren't you pictured with the celebrities attending:) The BBQ pork looked like it was worth the price of admission.

John B.

Lifetime Pledge Member
Hi Mike.
As a fine judge of food, you are right on.
The lunch was outstanding and Barry, his friends and myself did yoeman duty to it.
I will leave it to Barry to post what pictures he wants to display, it was his show.
The only sad thing about the whole day was to see some of these young warriors trying to manage a large plate of food and a glass of lemonade with missing limbs.
What brave souls, but big smiles on all their faces.
They all were having fun and a good time together.
If another event such as this is staged in your area please support it any way you can.
A great big thank you to Barry for driving his equipment half way across the country to put on a display to help bring in paying attendees for this wonderful cause.
We have some good people in our little engraving industry as well as serving in our military.
Best to all, John B.

Last edited:

Barry Lee Hands

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Thanks Rich, and John you are a good man for making the drive and helping me when I needed a break, thank you my friend.
Here is a picture of John playing with my Lindsay Palm Control which I ran off of a bottle of nitrogen suppled by Andy Fricke.

Weldon47

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Awesome Barry!
You are so talented & how nice it is of you to take your time to do something so important but so often overlooked (supporting our wounded troops!).

Thanks again,

Weldon

Andrew Biggs

That's a really good thing you guys did there Barry.

As an ex NZ Army soldier I can tell you that the troops always appreciate this type of thing. After all the negative press that they tend to get it's great to show them your appreciation for the sacrafices that they make.

That smiling face under the hat says it all.

Cheers
Andrew

Mike Cirelli

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
That's one happy English Cowboy picture there:) I haven't known John very long but I do know that engraving and good food is pretty high on his list. How about a few more pictures Barry Hands.

John B.

Lifetime Pledge Member
Thank you Barry.
Like my buddy Mike, sure would like to see some more pics of you doing your magic there.
Hope you got some of the ones we took of you with your camera.
Knowing me and cameras they probably are a mess.
I'll also look at what I took myself and Email you any decent ones to edit.
You were sure doing some fantastic work there, and all freehand.
Just amazing!
Best. John B.

Sponsors