silver band

joseph engraver

Elite Cafe Member
Here is a band of silver hot out the vise.
Question: what goes in the center of this design?
The engraving tools that I order from GRS arrived this week. I can say that Rob Gilligan was very helpful with my wish list order. The box I received included: one heavy Magna block, two carbide bits, three high speed graver bits, a four inch ruby stone, five different catalogues, six new needle files, a 7 power B&L Easy Eye loupe (along with information on how to engrave a partridge in a pear tree). It was like opening my Christmas present. . Import duties were equal to the freight for a total of two hundred eighty clams. The first day was spent setting up the vise, and sitting at a new bench; then getting the feel as I was sharpening my replacements for the fishhook and rusted stubs of tool steel. I enjoyed the seven years I spent catching big fish. I am very happy to no longer be a fishing guide. From now on, I will be spending much time more profitably and comfortably in my new studio where I have resumed engraving and working on my next book.
Excuse the poor photo but I am having trouble with the brightness of silver.

Attachments

• 005.jpg
    005.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 299

Dan Grubaugh

Very nice Joseph! Not sure what should go in the center..... Very happy to hear that you are picking up your gravers again! Can't wait to see some more of your work and read the new book you are working on. Thanks for sharing!

Regards,
Dan Grubaugh

Christiaan

Elite Cafe Member
Well, it is splendid to hear the good news, friend. Especially to hear about the new book. I really enjoyed your first Book. Been sharing some of the principals I read in the first book with my sons. Especially how focused determination and overcoming obstacles bring success. We look forward to see how those principals shine through in your "new" creative engraving. Be blessed.

gail.m

Elite Cafe Member
Joseph, Old habits die hard..............glad to know you are back into creating art.
gailm

joseph engraver

Elite Cafe Member
Hmm....No ooh's or ahh's. Franca told me I should have done something more conventional. Thank you Dan I am still trying to decide what goes in the center.
Christiaan your support and the fact that you deem my writing worthy for your sons to read has made the journey worth the effort.
Gail, those times were long ago. I have modified my habits, I have given up ciggarets as of two years ago.
Rod, I have posted some of my work in the Gallery. I have a file I could e/mail you. Contact me: joseph123joe@yahoo.com

Christopher Malouf

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
5mi from the nearest Dunkin Donuts in Tennessee
Hmmm ... more conventional? dunno 'bout that. Truly creative? most definitely!!

Anyway .... this is great (oooo ... ahhhh).

What I see is the earthly bondage of flesh and bone being set free though Christ.

What goes in the center? Only the one that sees what you see can answer that one.

Here goes anyway!!

You've got the moon ... how about a rising sun to symbolize an ascent to eternal life? There's other symbols out there like the torch that signifies immortality.

I think some sort of symbol of transistion would work.

Chris

Latest posts

Sponsors