Silver buckle source

AO84

Where does one find 16 or 14 gauge buckles in silver? I see many members fabricate these on here, but is there a place blanks are sold? Thanks

Goldjockey

Elite Cafe Member
Where does one find 16 or 14 gauge buckles in silver? I see many members fabricate these on here, but is there a place blanks are sold? Thanks
You might want to give Rio Grande a call. If nothing else, you can buy the silver sheet in the desired gauges from Rio and fabricate them yourself.

Believe me, if you have the aptitude to learn hand engraving, you'll be able to master sawing out blanks, and soldering on buckle bails and posts in short order.

Goldjockey

Elite Cafe Member
Hmmm... on second thought, I think I'm possibly missing a business opportunity here.

How many do you need and in what sizes, shapes, and gauges? If I can make them in EOQ's (Economic Order Quantities), I may be able to supply them in quantity.

AO84

Thanks Goldjockey. :) just one. I'm inclined to make it myself after doing some research today... will keep your offer in mind though

LahtiM39

If you will give me an idea on the type and size buckle you are looking for I will check my stock to see what I have left. You might check phase.com/tikkakoski and open the buckle folder to view some of the ones I have made.
Thanks, Tom

carleestutz

Hmmm... on second thought, I think I'm possibly missing a business opportunity here.

How many do you need and in what sizes, shapes, and gauges? If I can make them in EOQ's (Economic Order Quantities), I may be able to supply them in quantity.
I'd be interested in buying some buckles.