SmartPro Air DO X

oniemarc

Elite Cafe Member
Basically looks like an Artgraver plus, which has the same features. Handpiece and micromotor. To me, this somehow feels like the china version in a different casing, but I could be horribly wrong(wouldn't be the first time, hahaha)

Marc

Winstonklein

Elite Cafe Member
If Stuller is selling it, it means it is legit. I do know that Rio Grande and Stuller effectively test their products before listing them in their catalogs. I assume it is Ideal for any stone setter. The price is mindblowing though.

oniemarc

Elite Cafe Member
If Stuller is selling it, it means it is legit. I do know that Rio Grande and Stuller effectively test their products before listing them in their catalogs. I assume it is Ideal for any stone setter. The price is mindblowing though.
Glad to see I was wrong...hahaha

Sinterklaas

Elite Cafe Member
Very much looks like a copy of the Jura/GRS Artgraver. Just look at the handpiece and the collets.

The company that makes this is a Thai company. But doesnt have this product on their own website.

Also at 2:55 in the video I think that they took some pictures from someone else's youtube video and used it.

their website:

Stullers website:

$1127.85

O wow I just checked for the stolen pictures. Type in Youtube: diamond setting and they took the first video. And stole some pictures.

Here the video:

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
Very much looks like a copy of the Jura/GRS Artgraver. Just look at the handpiece and the collets.

The company that makes this is a Thai company. But doesnt have this product on their own website.

Also at 2:55 in the video I think that they took some pictures from someone else's youtube video and used it.

their website:

Stullers website:

$1127.85

O wow I just checked for the stolen pictures. Type in Youtube: diamond setting and they took the first video. And stole some pictures.

Here the video:

Diacutter

yep, there's not much info on the Stuller site. I called to get more information and was told someone in the tools department would get back with me. It seems like to price can't possibly be for a complete unit.

oniemarc

Elite Cafe Member
If indeed it turns out to be a clone type of deal, the price would be too high. The Jura clone sells for about $700 from the more known chinese websites.
If you do a search on google, there are some results stating that this is the first machine of it's kind. I don't think Jura/GRS will agree.

Sinterklaas

Elite Cafe Member
If indeed it turns out to be a clone type of deal, the price would be too high. The Jura clone sells for about $700 from the more known chinese websites.
If you do a search on google, there are some results stating that this is the first machine of it's kind. I don't think Jura/GRS will agree.
And even Jura's machine is a copy of someone elses idea. Sergey Waltman is the original inventor of these type of gravers. It is the same type of machines that Shawn Hughes and others made. With the tirepumps.

Here is Sergey's channel :

oscargama

I visited ZAK tools in NYC they have it on display they told me it was worthless and that they haven't sold one yet. After that I went to UpTown Jewelers in NYC and the manager told me that it was a very good machine, They had issues with the 1st version but they modified the machine and now works fine. What got me thinking is that they lowered the price to $1050 on SALE. Seems like they want to get rid of the stock. I'm new at engraving and I've been considering buying my first machine. I'm not doing quantity but small pieces. I'm working from home and space is minimal. any advice if i'm going to spend over 1k with this machine should I just buy the Graver Smith by GRS for $1150 which has a lot of good reviews and proven work.?? thanks

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
I visited ZAK tools in NYC they have it on display they told me it was worthless and that they haven't sold one yet. After that I went to UpTown Jewelers in NYC and the manager told me that it was a very good machine, They had issues with the 1st version but they modified the machine and now works fine. What got me thinking is that they lowered the price to $1050 on SALE. Seems like they want to get rid of the stock. I'm new at engraving and I've been considering buying my first machine. I'm not doing quantity but small pieces. I'm working from home and space is minimal. any advice if i'm going to spend over 1k with this machine should I just buy the Graver Smith by GRS for $1150 which has a lot of good reviews and proven work.?? thanks
one thing about grs toys-- they're all quality. if u have a problem, u get to speak to an american! they also guarantee their products. i don't get kickbacks from grs. my statement is based on years of using their tools. jmho

Le Marchant

I have 3 of these machines for my colleagues, they do pretty well, the micromotor doesn’t bring it. Bite the price definitely does! I spoke to the producer of these machine a few month ago… they produce in thailand. The engineering
Is German, and they accept ideas and improvements from my side… pretty interesting! I’ll report in a few month how is the machine doing !