so glad I went to Reno!

KatherinePlumer

Elite Cafe Member
I had a whirlwind trip to Reno this weekend. I couldn't get there in my car (old car plus me having no snow experience... bad combo!). I was determined to make it there so I took the bus from Sacramento. An experience in itself. :eek:

I caught the last couple hours of the show on Sunday, and two of the seminars on Monday morning. I am SO GLAD that I went! I had a great time, and it really was an honor to meet and talk to everyone, and I saw so much incredible work. What an inspiration! I tried to talk to everyone whose name I recognized but I'm sure I missed a lot of people. I've only been at this a few months but I really felt very much "at home" and welcomed in the group, and I absolutely want to be a part of this. :) I hope to be a participant next year!

Thank you to everyone who took the time to talk to me and look at my scrim work! I'll put the dog image on line as soon as I have a chance to finish!

Is the show always the last weekend of January at the Silver Legacy?

-Katherine

Christiaan

Elite Cafe Member
I had a great time, and it really was an honor to meet and talk to everyone, and I saw so much incredible work. What an inspiration! -Katherine
Yah, yah,... but where is the pics. I think you guys are just torturing the rest of us that is waiting for hours in front of the PC for some pics.

Sam, .... you must make another rules for members. NO torturing of other members!!!

jimzim75

Elite Cafe Member
Hi Chris,
When I got home there were three emergency messages from the Jewellers I do work for.
So, I'm going to have to put out fires for a couple of days before I can really sit down
and write some good revues. Great show and I hope everyone comes next year.

Jim

Tim Wells

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
It was good to put a pretty face with a name Katherine, you and Brian should share a table or two next year. Same goes for the rest of the folks I met from this forum; it was nice to meet you all.

We all got our annual dose of renewed inspiration from the show, now we all need to get busy working on something to show our labors for next years show. Hope everybody got home safely. Thanks Brian for the "entry" in my book! I didn't thank you proper like at the show so I'll do it here. Happy trails ya'll.

KatherinePlumer

Elite Cafe Member
I have to admit I hardly took any photos, I think I got a little sidetracked just meeting everyone! I did get one of the award winners though, so I'll post that one here. I am a little embarrassed to admit I don't know everyone in this photo, so I won't even try to caption the names! (Hopefully someone can help me out with the names).

Tim, if Brian hadn't taken so dang long with your sketchbook you would have gotten something from me too. Next year, for sure! :)

-Katherine

Attachments

• Reno08AwardWinners.jpg
    Reno08AwardWinners.jpg
    166.5 KB · Views: 120

El Dorado

I found this forum a month ago, joined FEGA on the 21st of Jan and went to the show on the 26th......... I must say that I met an extremely dedicated and friendly group of people. When I asked technical questions at different tables not a single person was hesitant to come forth with information that took them years to learn. Not to mention the work dispalyed was nothing short of world class inspiration. I may be a junior member, but it is a great group to belong to. I must say this forum and all the folks contributing to it are such an asset to a beginner.... Thank you one and all!