Announcement: Some more online classes...

Brian Marshall

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Stockton, California & Taxco, Guerrero, Mexico
I too, will be putting together some workshops through the live video school that Chris DeCamillis has announced.

Mine will be a little slower to bring into reality because I will be away for most of August. I hope to be ready in mid or late September and run the first 3 through December.

My first offerings will consist of:

Western Style Engraving - tool list - kits available

Tips, Tricks, and Tools for Hand Engravers - no tools are required for this but if you want to be able to make some of the tools demonstrated - well, yes, it does take a few tools to make other tools.
Trick gravers, fixtures, and dozens of tools to make your job easier, accurate, and faster.

Simple Vitreous Enameling for Hand Engravers - tool list - kits available

Future ideas may include:

Alloys, alloying, rolling sheet, and drawing wire

Plating, anodizing, patinas, depletion, and final finishing methods

Live silversmithing workshops with a project to fabricate - 3 piece buckle set, trophy buckle, sterling silver boxes, lockets, and maybe other items that seem popular?

Use of the Hydraulic, kick, screw, and arbor presses - How to make simple cutting, forming and shaping dies for sheet and wire products

Wax modeling - for one of a kind or production mold masters.

Casting - Including spruing, investing, burnout, casting (Centrifugal or vacuum)

Soldering/brazing/welding - Tips tricks, fixtures, jigs, and special tools you can make yourself.

Maybe a specialized business course - aimed at starting one man hand engraving shops. Shop layout for better work flow. Standard trade practices. Covering your original business plan to the dozens of non-bench skills necessary to succeed.

If you have an interest in any of these, including the "future ideas" or suggestions of what you'd like to see available - please send me your name, contact information, and your time zone.

I'm not sure yet how we are going to work out the problems with different time zones - but I'm sure we WILL get it worked out with some practice.

Brian Marshall
SJAS
Stockton, CA USA 95209
209-477-0550
instructor@jewelryartschool.com
http://jewelryartschool.com/

Last edited: