Critique Request Some threaded monograms.

Arnaud Van Tilburgh

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Jim, good to hear you have a customer on Ebay. I don't :(
But I have noting for sale on Ebay.
So you are defiantly some steps beyond me

arnaud

Jim Sackett

Elite Cafe Member
Hi Arnaud

I tryed the personal website, a few times stayed on them 4 or 5 months never got even an question. Spent a lot of time along with the mony. At least on ebay people are looking at my work. I think its worth a try.

I like your engraving, you have come a long way in a short time.

Jim

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
since you have asked, here tizz ! i think you need to practice the fine linework more before doing this type work for the clients. i think you could make this a good deal better by doing say- thin to thick back to thin cuts with a flat graver. then add 1 or 2 thin lines along side the bright cut, till you get better control. that way it would not look so "overcrowded". your thin cuts should never intersect one another. this is easily overcome with xtra practice. jm2cw. whatever you do, don't give up !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
send me your email address to jayismonk450@gmail.com i can show you very quickly how easily this can be done.

Jim Sackett

Elite Cafe Member
Thanks monk

I would like to cut some solid body monograms. Your pointers will be helpful I am sure. For some reason nothing happend when I clicked on your email address. Will try going through my regular email.

Jim

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
willem: i will help you in any way possible. i prefer my personal email. i don't like the forum pm thing. by all means, send your email address. i cant promise that i can answer all your questions, but i'll try. also, don't forget to post questions on the forum here. there's lots of folks who know far more than i do !