Something different to engrave

BrianPowley

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Here's a picture of me at the workbench engraving a brass bell from an antique Fire Truck.
I understand this particular Fire Dept. is restoring a firetruck as a memorial to their deceased firefighters.
The bell is solid brass, and weighs in at approx. 40 lbs.
The engraving is just lettering.
The bell will be chrome plated after I'm done with it.

Attachments

• FireBell.jpg
    FireBell.jpg
    115.3 KB · Views: 244

BrianPowley

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Here's the finished job:

webad2006

I for one am very proud of both of you! Weldon for being a firefighter, and Brian for helping with such a great project. Hats off to ya!.....

M

mcrapo

Great job on the bell. Layout looks great, along with the engraving. Thanks for sharing it.

JBrandvik

Elite Cafe Member
Brian,
That's beautiful work! It's especially impressive given the that in the first photo I see that you are engraving with your LEFT HAND! Not only that, but in the second photo It looks like you did the photography while standing on your head. (See reflection) LOL
Seriously, you did a beautiful job on a worthwhile project.
Cheers

BrianPowley

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Thanks to all for the Kudos!

JBrandvik---Seeing someone do anything left-handed looks kinda odd....even when I see it.
The only thing I do right handed, is play guitar.......and I don't do that very well .LOL

JBrandvik

Elite Cafe Member
Brian,
Since you admitted to doing some things right-handed, I have to reciprocate.

I shoot a rifle left-handed, shoot pool and hammer left handed. I suspect that I was born left-handed but was "forced" to become right-handed as a child. When I was in the New Mexico State Police, they wouldn't allow me to shoot a pistol left-handed, so I had to learn (in the academy) to shoot right-handed. The reason they gave was that there were no left-handed holsters in the armory supply. Now I shoot a pistol right-handed but my dominate eye is my left. Not to brag, but I achieved sharp-shooter qualification before I got out of the academy.

BTW the job you did on the bell, I couldn't do with EITHER hand. Thanks for sharing your work.

WDA

Very nice Brian , I hope to meet you some day, I like to engrave and play guitar, but will not
put any one out of work doing either! Keep up the good posts.

Bill A.

BrianPowley

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Bill, Meeting up would be great....I'll be in Emporia,KS from Oct. 7th-Oct.20th.
And I should clarify the guitar playing----I really only play at the guitar.
I started strumming away at the git-fiddle a little over a year ago when the Praise and Worship band in my church needed a guitar player.
I had an old Yamaha FG-295 and a Chet Atkins Deluxe Chord Chart laying around the homestead---I guess the rest is (a brief) history.
In reality, I'm a drummer......been playing them since 1970.

Sponsors