Somthing A Bit Different

JJ Roberts

:::Pledge Member:::
::::Pledge Member::::
take-down,I agree that is different,not a rifle I would own.Did click in on taxidermist and noticed Bob Vitro taxidermist,I meet Bob at a gun fair in Maryland Bob is a real creative taxidermist and artist J.J..

Doc Mark

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
At first this looks quite elegant, but the bolt handle carved in the shape of an elephant's trunk is just cartoonish! It absolutely ruins this rifle for me. I'm no longer considering buying it for Christmas! The scrim does look very well done though.

Crazy Horse

Elite Cafe Member
Doc hit the mark. That bolt handle and also the bolt knob depicting an elephant's foot were a foolish choice. They detract decidedly from the rest of what is obviously some very fine craftsmanship and artistry.

Two things bother me about this work: One is the use of ivory for the stock. Bad choice in my opinion. Secondly is the fact that no one will ever use or fire this rifle. No doubt this rifle will end up on the wall of some filthy rich Arab oil barron. Who else could afford to buy such a rifle.

JJ Roberts

:::Pledge Member:::
::::Pledge Member::::
Chris,When I saw this rifle today my first thought was Liberace and Elvis,how tacky.J.J.Right on.

mitch

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
well, now we know what they're legendary for....:shock:

Latest posts

Sponsors