ss knife, the other side

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
took steves' and sams' advice. a slightly better foto this time.

Attachments

• MONK2.JPG
    MONK2.JPG
    72.7 KB · Views: 362
Last edited:

tldcowboygear

Hey Monk,

Good job! Was it pretty tough to cut? I have done a couple of these and each one was different. The reason I ask is your wiggle? line border looks like you had a little trouble with it.

D.C.

richard hall

Elite Cafe Member
too bad there arent alot more of those winchester knives out there floating around. old,stupid me, i passed them up when i should have gathered them up. so much for hindsight. not much quality in what is being shipped in nowdays. guess if we want american, we will have to re-invent it. it should begin with us. dont engrave items made outside the u.s.a. , that will help, you sure wont be adding value to something that is worthless to begin with. i bet that monk is sitting on boxes of winchesters......

monk

Staff member
i have a body tremor that i medicate for. sometimes , i never know when, as a cut progresses, i'll stray from the intended path a bit. the outer border is not wiggle. it's an ongoing, what i call a spike cut. i guess it has other names. really not very tough to cut, but cant get it to look brite. i didn't use lube either.

richard hall

Elite Cafe Member
i liked the spiked look,gave it a uniqueness, might incorporate that into something ive been working on. think you may be correct on the lube idea,some stainless does cut diffently.

carl bleile

Elite Cafe Member
wish i could have the knife in my hand it would be easyer to see how bright your cuts are, have you tried carbide with polished faces ?
thanks for the new pic. Carl Bleile

monk

Staff member
ssknife

wish i could have the knife in my hand it would be easyer to see how bright your cuts are, have you tried carbide with polished faces ?
thanks for the new pic. Carl Bleile

the few carbides i have are sm squares. i have no carbides that would lend to a brite cut.

Latest posts

Sponsors