Sterling buckle

Haraga.com

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
2.5 by 3.5 inch sterling belt buckle. 16 ga. thickness. 14K rose gold 16 ga. also. for the brand. Nothing fancy. Hopefully the pixals will be minimal as the engraving is not Pauline standards. Just kidding about your standards Greg. But seriously the engraving is crap. I also through in a saddle corner plate that was sent here for engraving. Bright cuts manual. Shading and stippling w/gravermeister.

Attachments

• PIC_0123 (Medium).JPG
    PIC_0123 (Medium).JPG
    67.8 KB · Views: 298
  • PIC_0103 (Medium).JPG
    PIC_0103 (Medium).JPG
    68.7 KB · Views: 252

Haraga.com

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I just took a look at the pics of my buckle on the forum. Really folks the flowers actually look better in person. Damned pixels! For some reason the stem coming out of the overlaid flower looks all rough but I just looked again and its not. No really its not. I think I may have to find another photographer! Can someone give me a hint on how to make the pictures just a little more blurry?

Last edited:

cowboy_silversmith

Elite Cafe Member
Leonard~ Looks pretty good to me! Nicely shaped scrolls. The bevel cutting looks good on the outside of your overlaid scrolls. Sawing & soldering look very clean. I would really like to see your stuff up close and a little more in focus so I could really appreciate your abilities. Is that 12 ga. or 14 ga. wire you used for the rope? Thanks Leonard!

Best regards,
Greg Pauline

grizz

Stunning Leonard. I hope the customer realizes the work envoled.

Grizz

Unkl Ian

I just took a look at the pics of my buckle on the forum. Really folks the flowers actually look better in person. Damned pixels! For some reason the stem coming out of the overlaid flower looks all rough but I just looked again and its not. No really its not. I think I may have to find another photographer! Can someone give me a hint on how to make the pictures just a little more blurry?

Some digital cameras have a Macro setting for doing close up work.

Their Auto Focus doesn't work real close.Anything too close,without the Macro,looks slightly fuzzy.

Haraga.com

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Everyones words are too kind. If my wife were here she would say to me "just say thanks". THANKS. Now Sam, make Grizz come out and play! I like Grizz' forum title "Jr. Member".;)

Last edited:

Mike Cirelli

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Very nice work. Are you holding the camera or using a tripod? Try a tripod back off the camera to the minimum distance for the normal lens setting usually about 16". Zoom in and set the timer to release the shutter. Sam could be of much more assistance than me.

Haraga.com

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
camera

Thanks for the help. I will work on that camera. I was not sure at what distance to work from. This was taken at 11". If you saw my setup you would slap me. I don't have any excuses.

Last edited:

Marcus Hunt

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Photographing 'gun style' engraving is bad enough so photographing bright cutting must be even more difficult. They look like great buckles but I would like to be able to see your cutting in a bit more detail, especially in the second photo. If 11" is going to make the picture out of focus, how about moving out a little bit more so it's in focus and then crop it in your editing software? It's just a suggestion but it's often what I resort to.

Sponsors