Stevens.22

Rockingkj

Finally decided to try engraving my old Stevens .22. The other side yet to go. Poor when I see the work JJ Roberts and others have shown but it will make the old rifle unique. Hammer and chisel for the boarder and background, old hand gravers for the rest.

Attachments

• IMG_7383.jpeg
    IMG_7383.jpeg
    147 KB · Views: 98

JJ Roberts

:::Pledge Member:::
::::Pledge Member::::
Rock, I like your engraving on the Steven's also the way you held the receiver in the vise with pins. J.J.

Rockingkj

Rock, I like your engraving on the Steven's also the way you held the receiver in the vise with pins. J.J.
Thank you sir appreciate the kind words of my engraving. The pins were the best solution for what I was trying to do. Did require repositioning and tightening fairly frequently but got the job done. Necessity is a mother. lol

allan621

:::Pledge Member:::
::::Pledge Member::::
I think that seeing this engraving you are beyond being a rank beginner. The cutting could be better on the end at the bottom of the photo. I think that is not your cutting ability but possibly because of it being way off the rotational center. Makes it harder to cut and requires a lot more patience and experience.

The one real problem is that you don't think highly enough of it and fall into the I wish I could engrave like JJ does it. ( JJ is a great engraver ) I've taught quite a few engravers and some think their work is fabulous and some think their work is not worthy of any praise. Place yourself in the middle. Be proud of your progress and continue to learn through practice.

Allan

Rockingkj

Thank you. Now have the other side completed

Attachments

• IMG_7385.jpeg
    IMG_7385.jpeg
    253.7 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_7386.jpeg
    IMG_7386.jpeg
    249.1 KB · Views: 35

Rockingkj

A bit better pictures and the rifle reassembled