Still learning after 30 years!

cowboy_silversmith

Elite Cafe Member
Still learning after 30 years! Filligreed Silver.

Howdy all, been awhile since I last posted. I have never done an overlaid and filligreed anything before. I underestimated the time it would take to perform this bridle set. Consequently I did not earn my desired pay rate on this set, however I did gain the experience (positive outlook, lol). The cast flowers were provided by the customer. On the square conchos, these flowers had to be placed over the area to cover where the chicago screws were soldered in place. The customer also chose these placements. I am really looking forward to doing another project involving these techniques again but with more control over the design concept.

Best regards,
Greg Pauline

Last edited:

SharpGraver

Elite Cafe Member
Hi Greg
It's always a pleasure to see your beautiful work. Thank-You for showing us your buckle sets. How much time do you have in this project?
David

Christine

Dear Greg--
Any of my ponies would be very proud to wear this silver. You may suggest a curb chain to complete the look. ( I'd hate to see a cheap retail curb detract from this work) I'm alot better with the ponies than I am an engraver! All the best.

Tira

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Very nice! I love the filigree look. The customer is sure to be very happy with that. :)

jbmartin

Those are wayyyy sharp!!!!
I don't even put some of my stuff on my headstalls as my horses rub it up too much.
Although...if you need a test headstall, I'll send you one, if it comes back with something like that on it! :)
I just built a keeper for a set for myself, wish I would have seen the half round on the end like that, might have to try it.

JB

Ranchman

Elite Cafe Member
That is beautifully stunning work! I love seeing work like this.

Thank you for posting it.
Jeff

Christiaan

Elite Cafe Member
Somehow I missed this one. Stunning Greg. I, for one, are really looking forward to see something from your bench again. God Bless, friend.
Christiaan