Stuff we listen to while we're engraving.

Goldjockey

Elite Cafe Member
I love to have the shop filled up with music while I'm working. My tastes are eclectic, and I'm constantly going on YouTube journeys into different types of folk music. Recently, on one of these journeys, I discovered Otava Yo, and fell in love with the music.

oniemarc

Elite Cafe Member
I prefer listening to music while working too, allthough my taste in music is slightly different. I do however appreciate all types of music with the exception of dutch music, or at least most of it. This is awesome though and will be adding it my playlist for sure.
I absolutely love throatsinging aswell...just sounds awesome. While working I mostly listen to Five Finger Death Punch and Jinjer. It makes me calm my thoughts and keeps me focussed.

Hobie

I love to have the shop filled up with music while I'm working. My tastes are eclectic, and I'm constantly going on YouTube journeys into different types of folk music. Recently, on one of these journeys, I discovered Otava Yo, and fell in love with the music.

Love it. Sounds Appalachian. Hayde Bluegrass Orchestra from Norway is not quite as eclectic, but if you listen to any bluegrass, they are as good as any I have heard from the United States. They do a very good rendition of Wayfaring Stranger. Anybody who has watched the movie 1917, heard an excellent acappella version of it.

Hayde Bluegrass Orchestra - Wayfaring Stranger | Live at John Dee - YouTube

I haven't started listening to music when practicing envgraving yet, but I do when reloading ammo for target shooting. I listen to electric blues, classic rock and sometimes bluegrass and Appalachian mountain music, which I'm finding isn't necessarily the same as bluegrass, at least to my ear they differ.

Goldjockey

Elite Cafe Member
Love it. Sounds Appalachian. Hayde Bluegrass Orchestra from Norway is not quite as eclectic, but if you listen to any bluegrass, they are as good as any I have heard from the United States. They do a very good rendition of Wayfaring Stranger. Anybody who has watched the movie 1917, heard an excellent acappella version of it.

Hayde Bluegrass Orchestra - Wayfaring Stranger | Live at John Dee - YouTube

I haven't started listening to music when practicing envgraving yet, but I do when reloading ammo for target shooting. I listen to electric blues, classic rock and sometimes bluegrass and Appalachian mountain music, which I'm finding isn't necessarily the same as bluegrass, at least to my ear they differ.
Love bluegrass! Thanks for sharing the Hayde Bluegrass Orchestra with us :) Don't know if you've discovered Ricky Skaggs yet, but if not I think you'll enjoy his music as well.

T.G.III

:::Pledge Member:::
::::Pledge Member::::
Everything from John Denver to Johnny Cash, add in some Ozzy and Metallica and sprinkle that over with a dash of Molly Hatchet and Fleetwood Mac, I'll listen to most anything except the modern version of what they consider country/western, just need the background noise is all.

T.G.III

:::Pledge Member:::
::::Pledge Member::::
anything out of brazil, whether in portugese, spanish, or english--- just lets out all the evil in my mind.
Not to be snarky or anything, but I started playing the piece you linked to and 19 seconds into it my dog got up off the couch and went outside, lol.

707chrisa

anything out of brazil, whether in portugese, spanish, or english--- just lets out all the evil in my mind.
love that beat and sound reminders me of this. I like standup bass . I need to dust off the old dog house and play it this year. Oh ya T.G.III I got you too mr Crowle, Enter Sandman ( ya not Lars best drumming ) and a ton of AC DC . Monk dont forget Cuba , Buena Vista Social club not rely the same but a good vibe . Yes Janis Jolpin could sing . still working on the cossacks took we a wile to like Zideco Queen Ida helped that.

707chrisa

OH ya forgot about Devil makes three got to look those guy up again thanks . Looks like its time for a shot of Old number 7 and a can of Pork soda.
Usually listen to the wind going through my head since there’s not much left up there, but podcasts including the atheist experience, your moms house, Music including but not limited to devil makes three, a perfect circle, snarky puppies, primus, modest mouse, and some Beethoven when I want to practice shade lines lol.

707chrisa

I prefer listening to music while working too, allthough my taste in music is slightly different. I do however appreciate all types of music with the exception of dutch music, or at least most of it. This is awesome though and will be adding it my playlist for sure.
I absolutely love throatsinging aswell...just sounds awesome. While working I mostly listen to Five Finger Death Punch and Jinjer. It makes me calm my thoughts and keeps me fo

707chrisa

Ok I took the Dutch music challenge , I failed imo it sounded plastic it took a Five Finger Death Punch ( soon to be on the shelf next to Motorhead thank's for the tip) to the head to wash it out of my now even more damaged brain.

oniemarc

Elite Cafe Member
Ok I took the Dutch music challenge , I failed imo it sounded plastic it took a Five Finger Death Punch ( soon to be on the shelf next to Motorhead thank's for the tip) to the head to wash it out of my now even more damaged brain.
I was going to say I told you so....but then realised I kinda didn't really....hahaha

Latest posts

Sponsors