Critique Request Super Tiny Buckle Set

Jane

Elite Cafe Member
I thought I'd post this little buckle set I made tonight. I know your going to ask what its for and at first I didn't have an answer but I guess maybe its for the world's tiniest belt? :just kidding: But then again I am sure someone has made one smaller....
I was just playing around tonight and thought I'd make this for fun.
So now I have to engrave it...any thoughts? And remember, I am a rookie!
By the way this is made of sterling silver.
Questions, comments, critique and ideas always welcome here. :banana:
Best Regards,

Jane

Attachments

• 122_1916.jpg
    122_1916.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 226

Jane

Elite Cafe Member
Yeah most hat band buckles are a bit bigger than this one....but I will probably do something like that with it.

nhcowboy1961

Elite Cafe Member
Wow, that IS tiny! I made a smal buckle set before for a hat band too but not that small-kudos to you-especially with a tip and keeper!
Paul

Jane

Elite Cafe Member
Dakota Doc- I'd love to get even one of them if I could afford to! :) Actually my Dad and his friend combined efforts and did this quite a few years ago...my Dad did the Silver and a friend did the leather work. To top it off Diane Scalese engraved the mini pistols!

Thanks Paul- its pretty small! Since I don't have a plan for it the tip and keeper may not even work, depends what I want to put it on with the thickness of the leather. I have a plan and will show pictures when its complete if it works out for me.....

By the way, I know my buckle is backwards here but wasn't paying attention when I threw it up there for the picture...looks funny though!

Last edited:

Haraga.com

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Nice job Jane. As far as engraving it, I think you should use a graver.

Jane

Elite Cafe Member
Arnaud- now thats funny!
Haraga- good idea on the graver.
Peter- it would be rather small for a watch band. The leather would be less than 5 mm. Good thought though. Even if tapered to a wider band I don't know that that would be substantial enough to wear well. But I usually overdo when it comes to wear and quality of things.

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
a good fried once asked that i do a buckle ( with belt ), for a newborn baby. the buckle was .5 x .75" with name on front. not much into leather work then, i found an old purse with a very narrow strap. recipient was happy, but sure could have used a scope on that job !