Question: tagua nut

JT Kinney

Elite Cafe Member
Les,

I picked a supply from Teelineusa, they should have large, and small.
address is treelineusa.com

Cheers,

JT

Leonardo

Elite Cafe Member
Tagua seeds from Ecuador.

Hi Les, greetings from Barcelona!

I bought some seeds and slices from Nayá Nayón, an Ecuador's Company, the last year.
You can visit their website following this link: http://www.nayanayon.com/en/tagua/pages/05001.htm

They were very polite with excellent communication and a fast shipping service and, of course, good prices because Ecuador is among the very few Tagua seed Country producers.

I was in contact with a girl called Carla, but our communication was performed in Spanish language. The website has all the info also in English so I think that you will not have any language barrier to overcome. Anyway I will be glad to help you if you need some translation.

All the best, Leonardo.

PS. Do not worry about the minimum 50 Kg order. They agreed to send to me about 3 Kg. Also, you must pay attention to the shipping cost because the courier service would cost more than the product itself. I chose the post option and the package arrived in about a week.

Last edited:

Les Riddell

thanks guys. im using them for scrimshaw. it will be my first attempt with tagua nut. i usually use walrus ivory but i have a customer that heard about the nut and wanted me to give it a try for her. ill post the photos when finished.

bobkeyes

Les,

I would think the first step would be to catch several large male taugas.

**Gosh, I'm sorry, but I've read this post and considered the reply several times. Sorry, sorry. I just could not resist anymore.**
:party::beat up::banana::tiphat:

rod

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Les,

Be aware that the nut core very often has a large and irregular hole, if that makes a difference for your application?

Leonardo's web reference shows very good and typical photos of slices that show what I mean.

best

Rod

Les Riddell

cheers for that Rod. I have taken that into account. Ive ordered plenty of nut and the design calls for nothing larger than 1/2 inch square and no thicker than an 1/8 th

ED DELORGE

Elite Cafe Member
Hello Les, I have one, I would be willing to send you if you want it. It is about an inch and a half in diamater. Just give me your address and I will send if you like.

I have had it about 10 years.

Ed

985-223-0206

Latest posts

Sponsors