Thanksgiving

JJ Roberts

:::Pledge Member:::
::::Pledge Member::::
Wishing everyone on the Forum a Happy and safe Thanksgiving.

Yours truly,
JJ Roberts
Manassas, VA

gtsport

Elite Cafe Member
Happy Thanksgiving

Happy Thanksgiving to all. Also, Anyone in the Detroit are who would like to get together with some hobo nickel people, several of us will be getting together at the Michigan State Numismatic Society convention in Dearborn on Friday. If interested, drop me a line.

Joe Paonessa

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
holiday greetings to all- and a specil thanks to the coincutter for" babysitting" me last winter. ellsworth taught me much and i'm going public with my gratitude. steve spent a lot of time with me and i'm very grateful. thanks again, steve !!

Steve Adams

Elite Cafe Member
Tomorrow I intend to prepare, cook and then engrave a turkey. Are there any other guys out there who do the cooking? Come on guys I know some of you must. My childhood memories are of wonderful meals prepared by my grandmothers with no men involved other than to carve the bird. I think I broke that tradition in my family, as I do most of the cooking, and am not afraid to admit it.

D.DOUGLAS

Elite Cafe Member
Steve, I deep fry a turkey! very tasty. It has been a standing request every year now. You just have to be careful many inexperienced people have burned there homes down with bubbling hot oil. A little common sense goes a long ways here. I also prepare a few side dishes also. Happy thanksgiving everyone.

Doc Mark

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Steve,

OK, I'll admit it. I really enjoy cooking for a bunch of appreciative heavy eaters. My wife does the baking, but I tend to do all the rest. During the "normal" nightly dinners, we tend to shift off, depending on who gets home first. Unfortunately, I also tend to enjoy eating what I fix, sometimes to a degree that's detrimental to my waistline. Oh well, you know the old adage, "Never trust a skinny cook!"

Happy Thanksgiving,

Mark

Bob Bullard

Elite Cafe Member
I smoked two small turkeys yesterday and will bake a turkey tomorrow with oyster stuffing
the two smoked ones will be given away.
I do alot of the cooking here at home now that I'm retired and wife is still working,before I
retired it was pretty much shared.
Bob

Big-Un

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
For the first time in many a year, Miss Mary and I will celebrate Thanksgiving alone, by choice. Both kids and their families are doing their thing with the spouse's families and we just want some time together this year, without all the normal comotion and craziness associated with mixed families. While we usually have the traditional turkey and all the fixin's, we will let Cracker Barrel do the honors this time. Besides, ever since I started my new medication, I can't eat like I used to, and I hate to have her prepre all that good food and not be able to enjoy it. (I've lost 15 lbs this month and it's still coming off!) Besides, we have spent the last few days decorating for Christmas (think Griswold's) and we desreve a break. Now I can get back to engraving and getting ready for the arts and crafts event we will be having here at the house next week. I still need a few more items to sell. I sincerely wish everyone a happy Thanksgiving and more importantly, a very Merry Christmas.

Bill

jimzim75

Elite Cafe Member
Happy Thanks Giving to all those is the USA, even though everybody know the real thanks giving is the second Monday of October. I think I'll skip across the border for some turkey and cookies.
Talk to ya later,
Jim

Last edited:

ddushane

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
We all have a great deal to be thankful for, Happy Thanksgiving to all here & your families everywhere! God bless you all, Dwayne

webad2006

Steve,

I'm not scared, I cook and I love it!...... Me and my wife usually try to share the duties when possible. Let me tell ya, there's nothing like a mesquite smoked turkey, or a TurDucHen!.... Yehh baby, that's what I'm talkin about!... Keep your deep fryin, to dangerous and messy.. Put it on that smoke for at least a hour per pound @ 250*, and your good to go. Really want to kick it, add some peach/habanero BBQ sauce! Dang I'm gettin hungry, got 2 go!.... Happy Thanksgiving to all, be safe, have fun, and most of all, GOD BLESS!....v

Latest posts

Sponsors