the Hand Engraving Podcast, Episode 3 Weldon Lister: a Family Tradition. Is on the air!

wowilson

Elite Cafe Member
Hello all. I had a great conversation with Weldon Lister and I think you'll enjoy hearing it. Did you know that Weldon is a 3rd generation engraver? Did you know that he learned engraving from his father, Big Bill Lister, who also happened to be a country music performer? Weldon and I talked about many interesting things including Weldon's thriving T-shirt business and his recent sponsorship of a NASCAR racer. Please give it a listen and let me know what you think. Thanks!

https://anchor.fm/wade-oliver-wilso...with-Weldon-Lister-a-Family-Tradition-e1ilv8a

allan621

:::Pledge Member:::
::::Pledge Member::::
First it was a really interesting podcast. It was enjoyable listening to Weldon Lister, so many things to talk about in his life. Such an interesting father and the work he does is amazing. Then thinking he was a full time engraver he says he retired from being a professional firefighter really took me by surprise.

I'm really impressed with the audio quality of the podcast. Its pretty easy to listen to while working.

Allan

wowilson

Elite Cafe Member
First it was a really interesting podcast. It was enjoyable listening to Weldon Lister, so many things to talk about in his life. Such an interesting father and the work he does is amazing. Then thinking he was a full time engraver he says he retired from being a professional firefighter really took me by surprise.

I'm really impressed with the audio quality of the podcast. Its pretty easy to listen to while working.

Allan
Allan, thanks so much for the feedback. I am studying every night trying to improve the podcast I’m putting out. I have reached out to the biggest names in engraving and have some episodes lined up that should really be great. Thanks for listening.

John B.

Lifetime Pledge Member
::::Pledge Member::::
Weldon's engraving was much admired by one of his fellow Texas firefighters/engravers, Malcom "Bear" Grant.
Bear was a gentle giant, an ex-student of mine, a good engraver and a wonderful friend.
And like Weldon, a real gentleman. Bear talked very highly of Weldon and his Dad.
Sadly, Bear did too much hard charging on Texas fires.
Wore himself out and has gone to his rest.

wowilson

Elite Cafe Member
Weldon's engraving was much admired by one of his fellow Texas firefighters/engravers, Malcom "Bear" Grant.
Bear was a gentle giant, an ex-student of mine, a good engraver and a wonderful friend.
And like Weldon, a real gentleman. Bear talked very highly of Weldon and his Dad.
Sadly, Bear did too much hard charging on Texas fires.
Wore himself out and has gone to his rest.
There are so many interesting stories out there, I will get to as many as I can.

Sponsors