The Kind People of the Cafe

threefingerdave

Elite Cafe Member
Hello
I would just like to voice my opinion about the people on the Café
About a year and a half ago I joined the Café and soon after I noticed someone called MONK selling a gravermeister for 150.00 wow I was so excited . It said I could call till 9:00 that night. I live in the west and Monk lives in the east so when I saw the listing it was to late for me to call. I was really bummed but I posted that I was interested and that I would call the next day. About 10 min later the phone rang….it was Monk he sold me the machine. Thank you Monk. About 6 months later a piece that covered the belt (not an important piece at all ) just shows up in the mail. Again thanks Monk

Now Jimzim75 listed a bulino hand piece for 100.00 I emailed him and stated that I was interested but that it would take me about ten days to raise the money. He emailed me right back and said that he didn’t have a problem with that.
Well I sold some nickels on Ebay (that I learned how to carve on the Café) and came up with the 100.00 that JimZim75 wanted for the hand piece so I emailed him tonight (April 10 ) to let him know that I had the money and would put it in the mail the next day (April 11) well again he emailed me right back and said that he was going to mail the hand piece tomorrow ( April 11) …….he doesn’t even have my money yet.
I hope that every one here realizes how fortunate that we all are that Sam created this site.
And the caliber of people who hang out here....kind of makes me believe in humanity again.

Again my thanks to everyone on the Café for your trust, kindness, support and encouragement

Dave Jones
(threefingerdave)

Billzach

Elite Cafe Member
Dave
You are improving on each coin you carve and it,s good to see a post like yours, we need new coin carvers like you, a lot of us older coin carvers are slowing down..[ps] I,m waiting for that big 62 which will be in a couple of years and probably only carve a few coins a year then and get more into gun and knife engraving..

eastslope

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Thanks

It's good to know that I am among good company around here, a very tight circle that covers the globe. Thanks for the post....kinda like a dear Abby feelgood story, and I like them. Seth

richard hall

Elite Cafe Member
Dave, i think all of us, share your sentiments. I havent personally meet anyone, but, everyone feels like a family member and good friend, they go out of their way to guide and inspire, or do whatever is needed to help someone they dont know; out in any way they can. Sam said to be a friend, and he nailed it on the head....

FL-Flinter

Elite Cafe Member
Not happy!

Well I'm not happy at all about this site! I expressed a strong interest in obtaining some of Alfano's Balding Wax months ago and I've yet to receive a reply or the product! So what gived Sam? You got my hopes up and I feel completely snubbed. :D :D :D

I don't say much here because I can't engrave but I sure enjoy seeing the beautiful work others create. If you got a problem with welding, mechanical, pnuematic, hydraulic, ect. I'll be glad to offer input but engraving...I'll just shut up. It is amazing to me to see so many people who have paid their dues to become masters in a trade yet are so willing to not only disclose but take the time to explain their hard-earned secrets. Maybe we don't say it enough but it sure is appreciated! :D

Abigail

Administrator
Hi Dave,
Thank you for such a nice post. That was heart warming! We've made so many new friends here. I'm glad you are among them. :)
Cheers,
Abigail

Tira

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Threefingerdave, Thanks for posting about your good experiences here. Sam envisioned a community not just another place to exchange information - and it has become that - a community. Almost a family in many ways. We have had cheering for progress as well as sharing of pain with family emergencies, etc. as our members live their lives... but at the end of the day, every day, we're more connected. It's a good feeling to not be so isolated anymore.

gail.m

Elite Cafe Member
A great post Dave. Lots of kindred spirits here. It has been enjoyable watching your coin carving progress. I think the Cafe atmosphere is a lot like the neighborhoods we used to have back when the pace of living was less hectic.
Sam, ya done good!
gailm

Sandy

Elite Cafe Member
Threefingersdave,
Amen. I have met some of the greatist people in the world through engraving and this forum.

Sandy

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Well Dave, you certainly do your part to make the Cafe experience what it is. We have an amazing blend of unique personalities and brilliant artists who are willing to help and share at the drop of a hat.

Thanks for your post :)

~Sam

Tim Herman

Elite Cafe Member
It is very cool here. I wish I had joined in here alot earlier, I have learned alot already. Thanks Sam and all for a great place.

Santo

Elite Cafe Member
Great post Dave and so, so, so true!!

The Cafe has been many things for me. When I'm feeling frustrated and up against the wall, like I'm never going to get things right and I want to toss my tools, get in the car and drive until I don't recognize anything -- I get on the cafe and in a couple of minutes I'm feeling centered again and that's just reading and listening to all of you talking about this art. I search the archives, read the tips, interviews, photo gallery and the current forum and I get a feeling that I can do this if I keep at it and the cafe motivates me to keep at it. One of the things I've learned in 23 years of recovery is that there are no accidents -- we get what we need when we are ready and I needed this. I am grateful to be a part of this community of gentle people and all around good hearted human beings -- yeah, it restores my faith in humanity also.

I feel like I know all of you by being part of the cafe and I can't wait to get to Reno next year. I'm going if I have to hitch hike!! Thanks for the post Dave and thank you all for everything. And thanks Sam -- it was there when I needed a helping of faith and good spirit. Take good care all and ----be careful out there!!

S~