The Montana Watches

Christian DeCamillis

Elite Cafe Member
Here are the pics of the watches they are just sitting in the cases for photos,there are no movements in them yet . I also made a scan of a postcard advertisment showing the elephant and the painting together side by side . You can see how they match up. Chris

Attachments

• banovich 013.jpg
    banovich 013.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 308
  • banovich elephant3.jpg
    banovich elephant3.jpg
    118.9 KB · Views: 251

Peter E

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Definitely some great stuff. Your bulino is a pleasure to see Chris.

Thanks,
Peter

jlseymour

Elite Cafe Member
Gosh Chris, Your Bulino is something to strive toward...
See you in Reno...
Thanks for sharing your work and love to see more...
Jerry

Mike Cirelli

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Those look great Chris. Are dials made of gold or paltinum? Also maybe you could post some when they are assembled. Nice stuff.

Christian DeCamillis

Elite Cafe Member
Thank you all for the wonderfull coments. My hope is that you can look and learn I will be making more pictures in the future with a little more step by step and post them. Engraving is my passion and I have had the great opportunity to work with and teach for Grs, resulting in some students who are doing first class work. It can be done you just have to cut cut cut. It is very satisfying to see someone you taught succeed. Chris

KCSteve

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Wow!

I don't know if I'd want the watch so I'd always have that beautiful art right there where I could see it or if I wouldn't want it because the hands, etc. will get in the way of the artwork.

Andrew Biggs

Beautiful watches Chris. What a great idea They should be a real winner at the SCI show. It's always facinating to see two artists collaborate to make something unique.

I really like the way that you juxtiposed the engraving and painting.

Are the faces hard to engrave in terms of the metal being very thin or soft. I would imagine that they would be quite a fragile item

Cheers
Andrew

ron p. nott

Elite Cafe Member
hi Chris .. it is good to hear from you and see you posting on this forum , great work as usually keep them coming .

I want to say that I know Chris a long time we meet at a GRS class some years ago and Chris has taught me a lot about belano engraving , I may not use it a lot but I still remember what he has taught me .. thanks Chris for all of your help . hope to see you in Reno .. Ron p Nott/Coltengraver

Latest posts

Sponsors