The real reason why I failed art in school

eastslope

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Roger, that's a pretty funny story there. I really didn't have a darn thing to do with art until I first decided I was going to build a saddle around 8 years ago or so. After I made a couple of saddles I decided I needed to learn to draw and tool. I still barely get by. We had one art class in high school and if you didn't wear a miniskirt the teacher really didn't care what you did, so we mostly screwed around and did the bare minimum to get a grade.

Last edited:

billrice@charter.net

Elite Cafe Member
I do not know about Mad Magazine so much However I do remember trying to draw the Rat Fink cartoons. My grand father was very sick in bed and days he felt better he would Draw different things, I would try to copy him however I was not all that good. A few years ago my mother gave me some of the pictures I would draw. It was a pleasant surprise because now that I look at them they are not as bad as I remember. I still would love to take a Art class put on by Betty Edwards " Drawing on the right side of the Brain" Since I have been learning to engrave my journey back to drawing has returned and thanks to Sam, Lee and others I seem to be making some progress.

Latest posts

Sponsors