Thermo-loc

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
yes. if overheated too many times it becomes rather wonky to use. it has too many uses to mention here.

tdelewis

Elite Cafe Member
In my opinion, heating thermo-loc in a microwave causes uneven heating. This uneven heating causes hot spots and when it gets too hot it becomes sticky and difficult to remove from the teflon sheet. It can also stick to skin and cause burns.

I have had good luck using modeling clay to hold objects. Working it with your hands can make it be
come soft so the item to be engraved can be pushed in it and pulled up around the sides. Let it cool down and become stiff and it is ready to work. As you work it can become soft from your hands as you work. With some practice you will learn how to deal with some softness. Sometimes it may mean putting it aside and let it become stiff again while you work on another project.

CMaddox

In my opinion, heating thermo-loc in a microwave causes uneven heating. This uneven heating causes hot spots and when it gets too hot it becomes sticky and difficult to remove from the teflon sheet. It can also stick to skin and cause burns.

I have had good luck using modeling clay to hold objects. Working it with your hands can make it be
come soft so the item to be engraved can be pushed in it and pulled up around the sides. Let it cool down and become stiff and it is ready to work. As you work it can become soft from your hands as you work. With some practice you will learn how to deal with some softness. Sometimes it may mean putting it aside and let it become stiff again while you work on another project.
So just to be clear, working it in you hands heats it up enough to make it pliable?

Latest posts

Sponsors