ThermoLoc

BunLevittron

Hey all! I have just recently purchased some ThermoLoc for the purpose of stonesetting and engraving. I know it is heated, formed, and then hardens when it cools. My question is, can it be heated again after you're done with the mold, and completely reshaped? Thanks in advance.

mitch

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
even if you're careful heating it it will eventually start to break down and get a little sticky, but that takes awhile.

Tuck Minnett

Thermoloc is great stuff! I use it on almost every project, especially odd shaped pieces such as pocket knives. I also use the GRS thermoloc vise jaw inserts. You can use it over and over.
A non-engraving comment on thermoloc. My wife had a damaged antique picture frame. I used thermoloc to create a mold of a remaining undamaged section. I sprayed the mold with baking spray, then filled the mold with epoxy putty. Thermoloc is somewhat flexible, so the hardened putty came out a perfect casting of the frame molding. After cutting out and glueing the new section, I used a gold crafting pen to color the repair. You can’t find the repaired section!

Si si

I use Thermoloc, hot glue, and poly plastic. So far I’ve reused poly plastic the most and has been my go to.

Latest posts

Sponsors