Question: Thoughts on Eye Loupes?

Phil Coggan

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Phil,

Is there a reputable place in the UK that you know of where th correct ones can be bought?
As I've mentioned in previous posts, I dislike buying twice, I much prefer to buy the correct thing to begin with.

Thanks,

Jo
Hi Jo,
Sorry for the late reply but I did'nt see your post.
I have'nt bought from the uk so I don't know, and the only way to get a true 10x is either by pre arrangment with the seller that if your not satisfied it can be returned. The other is by recommendation by someone who has one...even then, he might think it is a true 10x.
You really need to have something to compare it with!

Leonardo's "Hastings" looks a good bet, ring them to see if it can be returned.

Another thing to keep in mind, get one with plastic holding the lenses, it's easy to touch bulino work and if it's metal it can burnish your work.

Phil

Last edited:

Leonardo

Elite Cafe Member
You're welcome Jo, and have nothing to apologize for...
I'm sure you will take the right decision at last.
All the best, Leonardo.

Artemiss

Elite Cafe Member
get one with plastic holding the lenses, it's easy to touch bulino work and if it's metal it can burnish your work.

Oooooo, now that is an excellent point. I thought everyone would say, 'don't get plastic' as it's cheap and nasty. So thanks.

I guess my problem is not just lack of comparisons, but just lack of knowledge. I'm guessing that until I actually know what I'm doing, and what's good and bad, it'll be difficult for me to judge.

I'll give Edmund Optics a call and see what they say.

Thanks for coming back to me ;)

Jo

Latest posts

Sponsors