Question: Throwback to an old thread

mitch

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Usually the radio with country, classic rock, or some pop, but lately they're all "ALL COVID-19 ALL THE %$&#ING TIME!!!!!" so I've been going thru my CD collection. That's all over the musical map, but a lot of artists that were never quite fully mainstream stars in any genre- Melissa Etheridge, Lyle Lovett, Bonnie Raitt, John Prine, Jerry Jeff Walker, et. al. There's also a 'Best of Janis Joplin' disc in my vehicle that's been getting cranked up whenever I have any reason to go anywhere...

Goldjockey

Elite Cafe Member
Musically, everything. Most of the time though, I'm fully immersed in the work, and if I'm really listening to anything it's the pitch and cadence of the hand piece I'm working with as I cut.

Last edited:

Goldjockey

Elite Cafe Member
Usually the radio with country, classic rock, or some pop, but lately they're all "ALL COVID-19 ALL THE %$&#ING TIME!!!!!"

Your mouth to God's ears Mitch!

Put all the stuff I want to listen to into iTunes some time ago. Today I've got the Mavericks on shuffle. Tomorrow Beau Soleil? Lately on a country/cajun/bluegrass rotation.

Last edited:

JMiller

Elite Cafe Member
Usually the radio with country, classic rock, or some pop, but lately they're all "ALL COVID-19 ALL THE %$&#ING TIME!!!!!"

Here Mitch, a little somethin’ different for ya to listen to...

Doesn’t matter what I listen to... music, news or YouTube when I engrave. It all gets tuned out when I’m concentrating.

Last edited:

FANCYGUN

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Roger you do know that when you are BAROQUE you are out of MONET

After teaching for 33 yrs and then going home to engrave...I appreciated total silence I still rarely play any music while working as I now find it distraction being so use to quiet

ennio morricone and the spagetti western genre is always good traveling music when driving

Big-Un

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Mostly Christian Contemporary, four part harmony, 50's and 60's Rock and roll. Tried listening to news radio, it made me mad, literally and figuratively! But, silence seems to be the best.

mitch

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I saw The Mavericks open for somebody (Bonnie Raitt? Lyle Lovett? Mary Chapin Carpenter?) at Red Rocks twenty-some-odd years ago. They put on a great show!

Goldjockey

Elite Cafe Member
I saw The Mavericks open for somebody (Bonnie Raitt? Lyle Lovett? Mary Chapin Carpenter?) at Red Rocks twenty-some-odd years ago. They put on a great show!

They do put on a great show! Amazingly versatile too. Love their latin stuff.

Don't know if you like Cajun music, Mitch but I came across this playlist on YouTube and aside from the occasional ads, it's great! There's a little bluegrass, and old country mixed in too, but I love it all!

watch

Sponsors