tilt adjustment on acrobat stand

michaelp

Elite Cafe Member
Does anyone know of any tricks to get more tilt out of the microscope mount on a grs acrobat stand? I have the ball adjustment maxed out. I'm trying to keep a more upright sitting position. I think I must be doing something wrong since I have not read of anyone else having this problem

fegarex

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
You must have something wrong. The mount usually is fairly horizontal. Some like the scope tilted toward them but most like the ball/scope/stand in a horizontal position.

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Mike: I've worked a couple of shows where the exhibitor had disassembled the Acrobat and reassembled the ball part upside down. If you've had yours apart you might want to check that.

~Sam

jimzim75

Elite Cafe Member
If you could take a picture of your set up, and tell us what your trying to do. We could sound a little
more coherent with our answere. I'm not quite getting what your trying to do.

If you max out the tilt. Is the work at 45° angle also?

Jim

michaelp

Elite Cafe Member
Rex,Sam,Jim, thanks for your replies and help. I found out that the problem was that I had mounted the base for the stand on the bench where I do my handgun work and mounted it too far back to keep it out of the way. moved it 6" forward ,problem solved. have a great holiday. see you in reno.

Latest posts

Sponsors