Transparency paper

John B.

Lifetime Pledge Member
::::Pledge Member::::
If you are talking about ink jet transparency film, I use Epson or Printworks transparencies.
In the US they are available from Wal Mart, the large printing outfits like Office Depot and also on the internet.
Been 70 years since I was in the UK, so don't know what is available there any more.

Ian groves

If you are talking about ink jet transparency film, I use Epson or Printworks transparencies.
In the US they are available from Wal Mart, the large printing outfits like Office Depot and also on the internet.
Been 70 years since I was in the UK, so don't know what is available there any more.
Hi sorry Im using laser jet I have tried using parchment paper and damar mix and works fine but I have had it jam up twice and don't want to break my printer .
I fine get a stronger image than accitone

tdelewis

Elite Cafe Member
I have used parchment paper with Prismacolor markers 40% gray, good results. Any time you are using laser for transfer heat the item with a heat gun or some other heat source after transfer. It helps set the transfer so it doesn't smear. It works with whatever method you are using with laser.

John B.

Lifetime Pledge Member
::::Pledge Member::::
With the correct laser printer all you need is a clean object, a paper print and an acetone wipe on the back of the print.
My laser is Cannon Image Class MF229DW. several years old and works well for acetone transfers,

AllenClapp

Elite Cafe Member
With the correct laser printer all you need is a clean object, a paper print and an acetone wipe on the back of the print.
My laser is Cannon Image Class MF229DW. several years old and works well for acetone transfers,
John is correct to emphasize CORRECT laser printer. As far as I know, all HP and Canon toners work, but BROTHER TONERS DO NOT WORK WITH ACETONE. I contacted Brother and they indicated that there is no solvent that will work with Brother laser toner. Anyone looking into buying a new laser printer for transfer purposes should go to their office supply store, ask for a demo print on paper from models of interest, and make a transfer to confirm that it works well.

Ian groves

accetone works for me but when i do a transfer onto aluminium its just wipes off so easy ,i have tried spraying with hairspray but did nothing

Ian groves

John is correct to emphasize CORRECT laser printer. As far as I know, all HP and Canon toners work, but BROTHER TONERS DO NOT WORK WITH ACETONE. I contacted Brother and they indicated that there is no solvent that will work with Brother laser toner. Anyone looking into buying a new laser printer for transfer purposes should go to their office supply store, ask for a demo print on paper from models of interest, and make a transfer to confirm that it works well.
i have a hp and works great but image wonts stick to aluminium

x9abm

I have wasted lots of time, paper and acetone to no avail. Then a couple of weeks ago I had a lettering project that was going to take ages to set out manually so I tried again.

This time with a thin wipe of shellac, laser print from the Sharp printer at work on plain paper, cheap acetone based nail varnish remover. It worked really well.

Shellac needed to have a bit of tack, warm breath can help. And a bit of pressure to hold the paper down so the toner bonds to the shellac.

This was on to a copper plate.

Latest posts

Sponsors