Turntable setup

Murua

Hi everyone, I’m just start learning hand engraving, I’ve considering to buy a turntable, I fount GRS Satellite and Standard turntables are the best options for me. I don’t know which one is my best option since the satellite comes with the base and the standard has to be fixed on my workbench, I guess the standard needs another support under the drawer to avoid vibration. Any suggestions?
Thanks B3E38F4A-2254-48CC-AF7E-19F7BED5BAF2.jpeg

Matthew Evans

Elite Cafe Member
I recommend the satelite with the base for the fact that you can change all other factors like a bench, table etc, So you can buy as your grow. Lindsay has one too that i saw, but i got the satellite and am very pleased.

aleks177

The main thing is the comfort of your body. A chair that is comfortable to sit on with an almost straight back, a microscope at such an altitude that you don 't have to bend your back or pull your neck like a turtle.
Based on the focus distance of the microscope, and the height of the engraving vise, the height of the support for them is selected.
No trademark, price or "equipment like that master" is worth damage to the back or eyes.

tdelewis

Elite Cafe Member
I have a GRS turntable. It is fine. A lot of people are using drill press tables because they can be moved up and down. I think that that it has been recommended here that a cheap Harbor freight bench top drill press be used. I guess you just take the drill off and use the table part. Sometimes the height adjustment that you need is important. The drill press gives you that. What it doesn't give you is stability. You can correct that by placing a good heavy anvil on the base.

Once the GRS is set up the height is fixed. I have corrected for adjusting the height by using a drafting chair. It has a wide range of height adjustment so I just how high or low I need to be.

I have taken GRS classes and if I remember correctly they use the drill press idea for the instructors stations.

Latest posts

Sponsors