Question: Type and model of this pistol of mine

Arnaud Van Tilburgh

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I can't tell you all the "story" why I need this information.
But in Belgium the law on firearms changed a year ago.
This pistol is one of my grandfather, it was registered all those years and I have it from my father.
I could buy munition for it showing my registration for this pistol.
But now in Belgium by changing the law, they collected more than 160.000 firearms that has been destroyed.
The reason for changing the law was a lunatic that shot 4 people on the streat.

I can keep this pistol by completing some paperwork and gather a permission for this pistol without ammunition permission.

I have to add the permission of all my family, add some good photos and have to tell them what model and type this pistol is.
And I anly know it is a FN Browning 7.65mm

Can anyone thell me what type and model it is?

arnaud

Attachments

• DSCN4391.jpg
    DSCN4391.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 130
  • DSCN4392.jpg
    DSCN4392.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 110

KCSteve

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Arnuad

I'll send him an email later but a friend of mine named John Donovan can probably tell you the details based on those photos. His blog is Castle Argghhh!
Actually, if you go there and browse through the Pictures / Arsenal of Doom you might find it yourself. If it's not there, John is (obviously) a collector and he specializes in older military weapons so he should know about yours.

Good luck!

gail.m

Elite Cafe Member
Arnaud,
This appears to be a 1910 model designed by J M Browning and manufactured by FN in Belgium. A pocket semi-automatic pistol, with some models being supplied with dual barrels of calibre 7.65 and 9 mm.
These are exremely reliable pistols and great fun to shoot, this observation from personal experience.
I hope you can keep it.
gail.m
I forgot to add that these were manufactured through , I think, 1944. There are some available that were manufactured with the German Waffen stamp, used when the Germans occupied. I do not know when production was actually discontinued.
It may also be a model 1922, a modification of the 1910, also Browning patent. A closer look at markings could tell more.

Last edited:

eisman

That is a Model 1910 manufactured by Fabrique National. It is not a model 1922, they have a longer barrel.

Arnaud Van Tilburgh

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Arnaud,you have a Model 1910 .32 ACP currently worth about $250.00 here.How would I pronounce your name? MichaelBaer

Thank you all for the information about the pistol, that is what I needed.

My name Arnaud is pronounced like Arno, the Italian river near Firenze.
Till the age of 12 I wrote my first name "Arno" as that was the name my father wanted to give me, but it was not a Christian name and for that not allowed. So that is why the French version "Arnaud" is on my ID paper.

Arnaud

Roger Bleile

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Arnaud,

I'm sorry to hear that the isolated act of a mad man was used as an excuse by the Belgian government to further restrict your ability to own pistols. That is why over 4,000,000 of us in the US belong to the NRA, as we have to constantly struggle against the prohibitionists.

I thought you would like to see some pictures of a pistol similar to yours that is engraved. The FN factory in Liege produced pistols engraved in what they called "Renaissance Grade" which was available on pistols like yours as well as the 9mm High Power and the 6.35mm "Baby."

Attachments

• Browning-Ren-380 R full.jpg
    Browning-Ren-380 R full.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 57
  • Browning-Ren-380 L full.jpg
    Browning-Ren-380 L full.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 47
  • Browning-Ren-380 back.jpg
    Browning-Ren-380 back.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 47
  • Browning-Ren-380 bottom.jpg
    Browning-Ren-380 bottom.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 39

Arnaud Van Tilburgh

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Thanks Roger for your support and information.
That really looks nice the "Renaissance Grade" on a similar pistol as mine.
When I'm ready for it I probably will go for it. :big grin:

arnaud

Roger Bleile

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Arnaud,

Given the scroll you did on the knife I'm sure that you can surpass the Renaissance Grade on your pistol. Perhaps you can craft the design to include the names of your father, grandfather and yourself. When you are ready to tackle the job let us know and the gun engravers can assist you with some of the details of working on a gun.
Roger

Arnaud Van Tilburgh

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
My father (81) who gave me this pistol and lives with us in my house, has been looking for the manual of the pistol and finally found it when I got home from my shop.
It is in Duch but I have to show this as it could help others.

arnaud

Attachments

• Scan50130.jpg
    Scan50130.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 18
  • Scan50131.jpg
    Scan50131.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 16
  • Scan50132.jpg
    Scan50132.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 15
  • Scan50133.jpg
    Scan50133.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 16
  • Scan50134.jpg
    Scan50134.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 15
  • Scan50135.jpg
    Scan50135.jpg
    114.2 KB · Views: 15
  • Scan50136.jpg
    Scan50136.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 13

Arnaud Van Tilburgh

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Arnaud,

Given the scroll you did on the knife I'm sure that you can surpass the Renaissance Grade on your pistol. Perhaps you can craft the design to include the names of your father, grandfather and yourself. When you are ready to tackle the job let us know and the gun engravers can assist you with some of the details of working on a gun.
Roger

Thanks Roger, sure I will announce when I'm ready for this one, and a great tip pointing on the names of my grandfather and father.

Just want to know if the metal of the pistol isn't as hard as my Kershaw I did

arnaud

Latest posts

Sponsors