Ultra-quiet air compressor question

Toad

Elite Cafe Member
I bought the same california air air compressor as above in January. I payed $170.00 for it and it is quiet. If and or when it kicks the bucket. I will mount a fridge compressor on it.
Todd

cloutier

I have the California airmodel 1610a
1hp
1.6 gal
3.8 cfm@40psi
2.35cfm@90psi
60 db
35lbs total weight
0-120psi in 42 sec.
As far as longevity I have no clue so far so good. The pressure switch shuts off louder than the compressor runs.....you can go on YouTube and watch videos of them running next to the big box store brands for comparison. This compressor was bought to buy me time until I can afford a serious compressor,but works better than I expected and doesn't disrupt my whole household when running. If in the same situation again, I would purchase another.....just my 2 cents

Big-Un

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I have an air brush compressor attached to my old racing air tank and it works great. the compressor comes on about every 30-40 minutes while engraving. I have an old refrigerator compressor coming.....whenever the a/c guy remembers!

mitch

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
How about the Panther? Anybody with experience on tgat?

i've had Werther Panthers- they are very high-quality Italian made Jun-Air clones, right down to many interchangeable parts. pretty much Jun-Air quality for what used to be about 2/3rd-3/4th the price. still expensive, but not quite so bad.

Scottyd

I have one of the GMC versions of that compressor. It has worked just fine for over two years. I have the compressor in the garage and I ran 1/4 poly tubing to my shop in a spare bedroom above the garage. The compressor is so quiet that I can't hear it when it runs. The compressor has the standard female quick disconnect on it.
Scott

Toad

Elite Cafe Member
MrBrendan, there is a regulator and a water trap on it are ready. There is a standard 1/4 Hanson style quick disconnect on as well. All you need is male quick disconnect for you hose and your ready to go.
Todd

midmo9236

Have you ever hear of RolAir? I am going to buy that as I am a new to this and if I can not make it happen I can sell the rest of my equipment and move on. The model JC10 is 1 hp oilless compressor and operates at 60db.

As noted in another thread, the Rolair JC-10 states it runs at a 60dB level. Probably not as quiet as more expensive units but I have no problem with it sitting right next to me.

I bought from Acme Tools.

Regards,

Matt

Gordon

I'm depressed....my wife wants me to get a silent compressor, yet refuses to pump a manual tire pump so I can practice my scrolls. What to do?
I mean...c'mon, there are priorities in life.

Seriously, Sam just told me that some folks have adapted refrigerator compressors for engraving use. Can anyone weigh in on the particulars with regard to makes/models and requisite modifications that would make such a compressor suitable to supply an older GraverMax unit.

Attachments

• Tire pump.jpeg
    Tire pump.jpeg
    74 KB · Views: 6

Leland Davis

Elite Cafe Member
Gordon, there are YouTube videos on how to use refrigeration compressors. The local Menards had a sale last year on the California Air silent compressor 79 dollars for the 1.6 gal. model it works great. It is not as quiet as the more expensive models but at that price I can live with it.Still only 55db

papart1

:::Pledge Member:::
::::Pledge Member::::
I have the rolair single tank hotdog and its 58 db and nice to work with, can carry on a regular conversation next to it with no problems, 2.5 years and NO problems. pap

Roger Bleile

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
My old compressor recently died. I got a Fortress Ultra Quiet from Harbor Freight. Their price is $190. for the 2 gal model. It is very quiet and works well. Who knows how long it will last. Nevertheless, I can buy five of them for the price of one $1000. one.

papart1

:::Pledge Member:::
::::Pledge Member::::
I really like my Rolair, 15-25 psi is what I run my Artisan, usually towards 15 and it won't kick on for about 10min. Shuts off fast too. pap