Upright Script

BCan

I have an old copy of a catalog known as: Type Specimens by Neon Type Division, TYPEFOUNDERS OF CHICAGO, published back in 1962. It has been a handy reference for many styles of ‘straight’ letters for engraving.

There is also an online archive, which you may access here: https://archive.org/details/NeonTypeDivisionTypefoundersChicago1962pt1

The images (while not entire font file programs), are 600dpi JPEG images, mixed RGB and greyscale, and can easily be copied or downloaded, (and then converted), for use.

One important thing that the catalog does help with, is that it names many old type styles that were later converted and used digitally. For instance, Murray Hill font, a very elegant upright script typeface, (designed by Emil J. Klumpp for an American Type Foundry), can be found here: https://freefontsfamily.com/murray-hill-font-family-free-download/

I hope that this might help.

Kindest regards,

BCan

Goldjockey

Elite Cafe Member
Michael (Goldjockey,)
Among your other skills you are very clever with computer operations.
And I marvel and envy that skill.
Thank you John. I am perpetually awed by your skills, and work, as well as the the many other accomplished master engravers on this forum. If there is ever a project I can help with, please let me know!

Goldjockey

Elite Cafe Member
Michael (Goldjockey,)
Among your other skills you are very clever with computer operations.
And I marvel and envy that skill.
Please let me know if we can compare notes, and trade training at any point. My skills are really quite humble, but I would nonetheless welcome an opportunity to learn from you, and share knowledge and techniques.

Warm regards,

Michael

John B.

Lifetime Pledge Member
::::Pledge Member::::
Michael
Please let me know if we can compare notes, and trade training at any point. My skills are really quite humble, but I would nonetheless welcome an opportunity to learn from you, and share knowledge and techniques.

Warm regards,

Michael
Thank you Michael. Your skills are amazing and I know I could learn a lot from you.
Please say Hi to Sam from me and enjoy your Emporia class with him.
Have a safe trip.

Latest posts

Sponsors