Use Lindsay gravers with PulseGraver?

Nick_of_time

Hey folks,
Still looking at transitioning to a powered system. Been considering a PulseGraver but have a question - can I use my Lindsay system-sharpened gravers with it? Any downside to that?

Thanks,
-Nick

Old Gunsmith

Nick,
The Lindsay sharpening templates are my main sharpening system. These gravers work just fine in my PulseGraver. Just be sure to use the right size collets for your graver size. Some gravers I sharpen with the GRS system with no problems. Actually any sharpening system will work with the PulseGraver. If for some odd reason you do have a problem, the support staff are great at solving these.

Dennis

Old Gunsmith

I find the PulseGraver to be a really good system. There are a lot of settings that are customizable to tailor it to the work you are doing and they are savable. One big advantage is it requires no air compressor. If one travels and does demonstrations, it can be run by one of the drill battery power supplies such as Milwaukee, Rigid, etc. The microscope lights can also be operated by one of these at the same time. As I mentioned earlier the support is great.

EngraverHand

Elite Cafe Member
I bet I know the answere but I'm going to ask anyway :D
How do you find PulseGraver? Good? Bad? So,so?
Absolutely no idea.. I have never tried the PulseGraver :) I was giving a class to someone that has one and using the Lindsay templates for sharpening.. I guess you didn't knew that answer ;-) I´m using Lindsay gravers and very happy with it and see no reason to chase anything else :)

tdelewis

Elite Cafe Member
I've never used Lindsey or Pulse, but it shouldn't matter what system you are using. What matters is proper face and heel for the job you are doing and what works best for you.

I like a little more lift than I get with my GRS system, so I place a thin steel piece under the magnetic post. It gives me a bit more lift. That is one way I tweak the system to fit me. Others may have other ways to modify their sharpening systems.

Latest posts

Sponsors