Vacation pictures

Brant

Elite Cafe Member
I know this is not related to anything we do, but the pictures are inspiring to me. I took them while scuba diving in the Cayman Islands.

I have two pages of pictures on my site, they are only accessible thru the following links, and the Passwords are necessary.

First page pictures taken on Grand Cayman; www.bengraved.info/grand-cayman-2019 password: GC 2019

Second page pictures taken on Cayman Brac; www.bengraved.info/cayman-brac-2019
password: CB 2019

I hope you enjoy them, I sure did enjoy taking them.

Brant

Last edited:

pblack

:::Pledge Member:::
::::Pledge Member::::
Those are beautiful!! Thanks for sharing! Sadly I haven't been diving in ~7 years so I appreciate the opportunity to live vicariously through photos like these.

DKanger

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Fantastic photography. Can you tell us more about your camera, lighting, and technique? It's hard to believe that the water is so clear.

Brant

Elite Cafe Member
Gordon, The names of most are in the caption for each individual picture. Some are criptic some are the real names,

KDanger, The camera is an Olympus OMD M5 mirrorless. I use 3 different lenses depending on the situation/subject 9-18mm wide angle for large close subjects, 12-42mm for general use, and 60mm for small stuff up close (think postage stamp size). The camera is in a special housing for underwater use.

The strobes are special for underwater use, they deliver a "cone" of light that is about 110 degrees. The strobes are manually positioned so that the cones from both sides intersect at the primary subject. If the lights were adjusted to intersect closer they would light the stuff floating in the water between the camera and intender subject and they would be very visible (back scatter).