Victor vise.....

Dan Grubaugh

Has anyone ever heard of a Victor Vise? Are these any good? I have a chance to purchase one but have not heard of them. Any info would be appreiciated.

Thanks, Dan

Victor is an old time company with years of good quality in the jewelry tools industry. Although I don't have their vise, I have a wax injector and various other jewelry specific tools and they are very reliable. Some of them are 20 or so years old... I would say if you are getting an affordable deal, go for it!

m

Frank P

Elite Cafe Member
hi Dan
all depends of how big that model it is and what kind of job you want to do with it..
we have one here at the workshop, and my collegue is very happy with it, although it s to small for the work i do..but the brand is fine..
Frank

rhenrichs

Elite Cafe Member
I use a 6" 19# Victor vise. The brass bushing is getting a little loose but I've had it 40 years and I bought it from a jeweler who was retiring. My vise may well be 70 years old.

Roger

Tim Wells

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I have one about that size, they are smaller than the magnablock and of course lighter. They work fine though for things that aren't too big and heavy for it. FWIW

Dulltool

Elite Cafe Member
This is a good a time as any to introduce myself.... My name is Dennis and I've been lurking around for awhile learning from you guys and gals... I have a very old Victor block that belonged to my grandfather John W. Hanck. I found a patent date of 1908 on a few of it's accessories. He was an engraver starting out in Chicago then moving to Los Angeles! (Late 1900's to the 1950's). Unfortuneatly I only really knew him after having a server stroke in the late 50's. I am 57 and his vise is used by me everyday.

Dennis
Orcas Island
Washington

Last edited:

ED DELORGE

Elite Cafe Member
Hello Van, I own and use a Victor vise. I am the third engraver to use this vise. It has likely been in service for about 90 years now. I think it is the vise of choice for engraving. If you can buy it for 100 dollars. Buy it. In fact I have been looking for one for a friend of mine. So if you don't want it, I would like to buy it.

Ed DeLorge

Dan Grubaugh

Thanks for all of the info guys!! That sheds some light on it for me!! Ed, I will let you know if I do not buy the vise. Thanks again to all of you!
Dan

Latest posts

Sponsors