Vineyard belt buckle

Louisklein

I did this in a class at Texas engraving school with Wes Griffin and Matt Litz as a commission for my super loaded cousins family as a gift for their winery unfortunately the bastard has yet to pay me. Oh well it was really fun making it and I learned a lot was my first time using a Linsay machine and I really enjoyed how accurate they cut can’t wait to get one myself!

Attachments

• 973AB344-61AE-4AAA-AEFF-1FB11B3FBCCB.jpeg
    973AB344-61AE-4AAA-AEFF-1FB11B3FBCCB.jpeg
    218.1 KB · Views: 162

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
nice job, i think. if comission, as you said, deliver when paid. families and relatives can put you in the poor house. well, at least mine could !

Louisklein

nice job, i think. if comission, as you said, deliver when paid. families and relatives can put you in the poor house. well, at least mine could !
Lol! Ain’t that the darn truth! Lessons learned along the way I’m new at this and been taking every opportunity I can thought I had this one in the bag.

monk

Staff member
Lol! Ain’t that the darn truth! Lessons learned along the way I’m new at this and been taking every opportunity I can thought I had this one in the bag.
actually. it's best to get a deposit before even beginning the job. this will show how serious the person is to have an example of yer work. then if they don't pay, at least you have the deposit.
by rights, the job should be described exactly as it will be done on a proposal, with all pertinent details. signatures also help you, just in case. those seeking professional work, should expect a detailed proposal, done in professional fashion.

Last edited:

allan621

:::Pledge Member:::
When I started engraving in the jewelry business one of my teachers told me flat out that your first customers will be bad pays and deliver zero on promises made. And that's the way it worked out for the first few months. But the point he also made was that you get real work to engrave. Not items you can polish off or replace with a new piece of practice copper. It was the way to get started.

Its hard when someone you may have trusted breaks that trust. But on the other hand you have this belt buckle. The work on it is not perfect. Kind of rough. But it has a real kind of happy quality to it. I like it. The fact that you were doing the work expecting to get paid made it a valuable experience.

But Monk is right. Get the deposit before you put pencil to paper.

Allan

Latest posts

Sponsors