Weldon Lister's Fantastic Sculpture Work

fegarex

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I agree! I'll have to say that even these photos don't do it justice. The dimensional work was outstanding. Weldon plays a mean guitar and is just a real nice guy to boot.

Marcus Hunt

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Yes, Weldon is Big Bill Lister's son. And I agree wholeheartedly that the photos do not do the piece justice. Although they are excellent photos unfortunately they've flattend the beautifully sculpted gold inlays and the carving. I feel honoured to have seen it in the flesh so to speak and would like to say a big thank you to Weldon's client for allowing him to bring it to the Grand Masters event.

John B.

Lifetime Pledge Member
::::Pledge Member::::
As everone said, the pictures are great but the sculpture is even better in real time.
Great piece of art,Weldon thanks for bringing it.
And the music wasn't hard to take either.
Best, John B.

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Weldon's work is absolutely fantastic, and I feel sorry for anyone who hasn't been able to see it in person. Not only that, but Weldon's a fine fellow and one heck of a lot of fun to play music with. Abigail and I really enjoyed playing with him at Grandmasters.

Abigail

Administrator
I second that! I wish he would have sang more on Friday night......and I wish I could have stayed awake long enough on Saturday night to get to listen to him more.
Abigail

pilkguns

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
dittos what everyone else has said about them not doing the piece justice, and Weldon being a great guy, with one addition. These are not my photos, I did wish I had set up my camera and got some good shots of them in Kansas but these are just some I was sent and I threw them up on the web for everyone to see.

Mike Bissell

Elite Cafe Member
Scott,Thank you for doing that for everyone to see. It is too bad that everyone can not see it in person. Once again, very nice work Weldon

Mike

Weldon47

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Gosh Folks,

Thanks for the kind words. It is truly an honor when a gathering of your peers (the folks who really, really know what they are looking at) enjoy one's work! Honestly, there was so much nice work present at the GM weekend that if you weren't there you really missed out. I also have to mention what an encouragement it is to meet and visit with the very top; the "cream of the crop" so to speak, and be treated like a good friend that they just haven't seen in a while. Kinda does the heart good!
As for my guitar pickin; you guys really need to get out a little more & hear what a real guitar picker sounds like! (Then you will know how good I'm not!)
Scott; Thanks for putting my bad photos up in such a nice way!

Can't wait 'till next year!!

Weldon

mbroder

Elite Cafe Member
Amazing work! Truly inspirational...I wish I had the time and skill to start something like this. I'd love to know how much time you have invested in this project?

Latest posts

Sponsors