Question: western style bright cut

nhcowboy1961

Elite Cafe Member
Hi Doug, I too took Dianne Scalese's western bright cut course at GRS and can't say enough about it and her, I knew absolutely NOTHING about bright cutting (or how to properly sharpen a flat for that matter-half the battle) and I was absolutely flabbergasted when I first saw her make a bright cut-it knocked my socks off!!! In those first five seconds of seeing her bright cut engrave I knew I was in the right place and felt like I had won the lottery!

Like she says: It's difficult to learn but easy to master". The course was so much fun I got teary eyed when leaving-like I was being thrown out of the nest. Dianne is a really super nice person and an excellent teacher-I'd take the same class over again without hesitation. The folks at GRS are extremely proffessional and knowledgeable as well, they really want you to succeed and not just take your money; it's a super program worth every cent times ten-definitely take it if you're even remotely able. I waited a year to get that course and not a week goes by I don't thnk back to it and wish I was there again.

It's been a year since I started bright cutting and still wish I was better than I am but I bear in mind Dianne's been at it twenty years, so as one year for me I'm overall pleased with where I'm at, and the enthusiasm I have passed on by her will take me the rest of the way. Check out my post of the copper light switch plate-that's my latest (but not greatest) bright cutting. One year ago I would have only wished I could do that, now I only wish I could do it better, lol.

Paul

Latest posts

Sponsors